cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Secured

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Discover It Secured

Hello All,

I was pre approved for a Discover It secured credit card, but I am a apprehensive in actually applying for the card. I don't want to be denied and then it affects my credit dramatically. I applied a while ago and was denied and since, I have worked on my credit.  Has anyone been pre-approved for this card, and once they actually applied were denied?  What should I do?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover It Secured

@shala546 wrote:

Hello All,

I was pre approved for a Discover It secured credit card, but I am a apprehensive in actually applying for the card. I don't want to be denied and then it affects my credit dramatically. I applied a while ago and was denied and since, I have worked on my credit.  Has anyone been pre-approved for this card, and once they actually applied were denied?  What should I do?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Discover pre approvals are solid. If they are offering you secured card, grab it. 

It's a great card, it graduates, you get rewards, everyone wins. 

Message 2 of 20
Valued Member

Thank you for your feedback!

Message 3 of 20
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You're welcome! Looking forward to seeing an approval thread from you 

Message 4 of 20
Established Contributor

I can vouch for the Discover pre-quals being solid. When I did the pre-qual it popped up with the IT and the Chrome.

My fico scores was around 630-640 and I was aproved for $750 SL on the IT card.

Message 5 of 20
Valued Member

Thank you!
Message 6 of 20
Valued Member

I was denied before as well I did some work got my scores up tried for pre approval and got it do I applied and got it make sure to call in to verify everything to move it along faster my card should arrive no later then Tuesday

Good luck
Starting Score: 557
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening until 11/2019
Curent Accounts:
2 auto loans $18439, Discover It Secured $200, Cap 1PC partially secured $200, Total Visa $300, MoneyLion CBL Bal $253, & FingerHut FreshStart $72 bal, Cap1 QS1 $300
Message 7 of 20
Valued Member

Great! Thanks so much
Message 8 of 20
Established Member

I was pre-approved a couple days ago and was denied.
Message 9 of 20
Senior Contributor

@Superdad88 wrote:
I was pre-approved a couple days ago and was denied.

Sorry to hear that, I thought the preapprovals were solid but guess not.  What are your scores? Any baddies?

OP, did you also try the pre-approval at Capital One?  Of course you'd get 3 hard pulls with them but when my Exp. score was a 579 both Disco (secured) and CapOne plat $500 approved me.  I had 4 baddies on record (thought they were gone...wrong) but got in anyway.

"MY TAKE HOME PAY DON'T TAKE ME HOME"
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.