Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Secured Graduation- 6th statement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Secured Graduation- 6th statement

Good Morning!

Woke up to a pleasant surprise. Logged into my account and saw credit limit raised from $400 (self funded) to $2,000. Used their instant messaging feature to ask if my card unsecured. Got a playful response back from the rep and then the rep said “ your card graduated on the first review of your account.” Etc etc. rep did mention the review included use of all credit accounts.

I was not expecting this as the website I thought said starting 7th or 8th statement. They even said they mailed deposit check back already! It might have been due to heavy use of the card and paying In full. To be honest I would say reporting balance for statement half the time was under 10% and probably the other half around 75% didn’t really focus on that. Never paid interest. Made multiple payments throughout the month and always paid my statement balance within a day or two of the statement cutting. If there are other data points people want let me know, happy to provide. I am very impressed with Discover so far! Seem to reward loyalty.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Secured Graduation- 6th statement

Some additional info that might be relevant. Initial secured line was $200. About 3 weeks ago I added $200 to increase line to $400. Reading the forum I see a lot of commonality that people who added to their secured line from the initial number got unsecured quicker than those who just kept original amount. Maybe it’s a factor shows “loyalty” to discover or a willingness to grow witg discover.
Message 2 of 7
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Nice job!!👍👍

It’s an awesome card!!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 3 of 7
pamon
Regular Contributor

Congrats. My 6th statement got and tried for the unsecure but told to wait a month. Awesome on your end
Fico 8 Exp 598 Transunion 598 Equifax 596 (7/18/18)
FICO 8 Exp 609 TransUnion 622 Equifax 617 (8/10/18)
FICO 8 Exp 643 Equifax 641 Transunion 655 (9-10-18)
FICO 8 exp 630 Transunion 646 Equifax 627
Fico 8 Exp 646 Transunion 639 Equifax 640 (11/1/18)
Fico 8 Exp 698 Transunion 716 Equifax 690 (1/8/19)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 🎉👏🎊
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all! I tried CLI and said not approved. Prob because I just got $1600 increase.
Message 6 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your card graduating!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.