Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover dispute on Experian

tag
php111
Regular Contributor

Discover dispute on Experian

I filed a CFPB Complaint against Discover Card on 06/03/2023 because Experian is reporting their closed card as past due and Discover responded to the CFPB portal on 06/14/2023 letting me know they do not see they're reporting to Experian but as a courtesy, they submitted a request to Experian for a correction and to update the payment history to "0 days delinquent". Discover said to allow 45 days.

I submitted a second CFPB Complaint against Discover Card on 07/29/2023 because the reporting has not been updated and it was past 45 days and Discover responded to the CFPB portal on 08/10/2023. Due to acknowledgement of their prior response, they will not be sending it again. They encourage me to submit an e-Oscar dispute directly with Experian using a 106 or 112 code. They see my previous Experian dispute used a 115 code, which doesn't address payment history concerns.

After their second response to the CFPB, I couldn't submit a new dispute because I already had a prior dispute open which didn't correct the late payments so I added a statement for payment history which opened up a dispute. However, Experian did not correct the payment history as of today. It did added a statement.

What can I do?

According to Experian Report:

120 days past due in January 2018, and 150 days past due in February 2018.

The reporting to Equifax, TransUnion, and Innovis are reporting as paid as agreed. Not delinquent.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover dispute on Experian

@php111 wrote:

I filed a CFPB Complaint against Discover Card on 06/03/2023 because Experian is reporting their closed card as past due and Discover responded to the CFPB portal on 06/14/2023 letting me know they do not see they're reporting to Experian but as a courtesy, they submitted a request to Experian for a correction and to update the payment history to "0 days delinquent". Discover said to allow 45 days.

I submitted a second CFPB Complaint against Discover Card on 07/29/2023 because the reporting has not been updated and it was past 45 days and Discover responded to the CFPB portal on 08/10/2023. Due to acknowledgement of their prior response, they will not be sending it again. They encourage me to submit an e-Oscar dispute directly with Experian using a 106 or 112 code. They see my previous Experian dispute used a 115 code, which doesn't address payment history concerns.

After their second response to the CFPB, I couldn't submit a new dispute because I already had a prior dispute open which didn't correct the late payments so I added a statement for payment history which opened up a dispute. However, Experian did not correct the payment history as of today. It did added a statement.

What can I do?

According to Experian Report:

120 days past due in January 2018, and 150 days past due in February 2018.

The reporting to Equifax, TransUnion, and Innovis are reporting as paid as agreed. Not delinquent.

Were you actually late? 

You might just try calling customer service and asking for an off cycle reporting and see if that just works and fixes it

Otherwise you'll have to see about your rights under FCRA 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 2 of 4
php111
Regular Contributor

The credit card has been closed for some time now. I don't think calling Discover Customer Service will work because this is a closed credit card or will it work?

No, I was not late. That's why the reporting to the other CRAs is reporting as paid as agreed.

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@php111 wrote:

The credit card has been closed for some time now. I don't think calling Discover Customer Service will work because this is a closed credit card or will it work?

No, I was not late. That's why the reporting to the other CRAs is reporting as paid as agreed.

FRCA lawyer. In your favor they have to pay your attorney fees and a fine.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.