Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover upgrade? It to It?

tag
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Discover upgrade? It to It?

I have a Discover It with a low starting limit, only 1K, but plan to let it grow. I got an email today saying it's being switched over to the It card. The thing is, that's what my card already is. Are there different It cards? Does this mean I have a chance to grow the limit easier? I've tried, but nothing since it was opened last December. My credit has gone down, but only because older accounts were removed from my account because they hit the 10 year mark. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CredStudent
Established Member

Re: Discover upgrade? It to It?

There are a couple different Discover It cards... They have one for miles, the one that gets gas and resteraunts cash back, the one with the 5% rotating cats, The NHL one which is the same as the 5%. I think they brand almost all there cards as Discover It except maybe the chrome. Is it secured? Maybe they are unsecuring it. Or if it was a student one and your not a student anymore maybe they are switching it(I don't actually know how that works never had a student card).

Fico08 6/22/16: EQ 643 TU 666 EX 683
C1 secured $1,000(opened 3/2013, closed 4/2016), QS1 $2,000 (opened 5/2015), Freedom $4,000 (opened 4/2016), BOA CR $1,500(opened 4/2016), NHL Discover IT $1,600 (opened 6/2016)
Message 2 of 5
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

My score was over 700 at the time I applied. It wasn't the secured or student card. I guess I'll wait and see. They're sending me a new card. I would assume it's a good thing? Currently I have the money back card with double rewards the first year.

Message 3 of 5
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Apparently, the email was sent out by mistake. I currently have the Chrome IT and haven't been upgraded to the regular IT. That's fine with me for now! 

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

As long as you are okay with it!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.