Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover wont settle because of recent Balance Transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover wont settle because of recent Balance Transfer

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi and thank you everyone for the great advice.  I have an approximate monthly take home income of $2800,  My house payment is $1217 and everything is escro. I have a vehicle payment of $490, daycare is $400/ month. and utilities are max $100 per month, I have a work cell phone so thats about it.  These are my only two debts.  I have a balance of B of A of $24000 and Discover of $13000.  I am able to pick up some OT, which is what I typically use for med bills/ co pays, spending money but I don't like to count ont hat all the time. 

Im afraid to file bankrupt cause I don't know what they can take.  I have nothing left they could take, I do own a horse trailer, that is paid for and a lawnmower.  Ugh...so frusterating.  I sold my horse, motorcycle and hot tub and paid off all my other debt.  I have a new vehicle and just recently  moved so I won't need credit for a little while as I have a mortgage that is 1 year old.

Thanks everyone again.

OP take home pay is $2800 and her living expenses are $2200 based on above post, not counting food, clothing, gas, medical, and miscellaneous expenses. I see her option as either bankruptcy of debt consolidation. I've heard that Greenpath is a good company for debt consolidation.

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone, for the positive and negative!  Im in the works with working out a payment plan with Discover and haven't had any contact with Bank of America yet.

Message 32 of 33
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Stay the course Michelle and be encouraged! You will get through this and everything will work itself out. Use this opportunity to grow through debt managment and stay resilient.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.