cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovered IT Not Graduating - Data Points/Advice?

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discovered IT Not Graduating - Data Points/Advice?

@recoveringfrombk7 I hope you PIF each card and leave 1 card with a <8.9% balance to report each month. Now. Your AU on other cards and the question is what is the util % reporting on those cards because it affects your scores. If its high. Get off the accounts. You can do it on your own. You'll want to PIF Missy each month. Let one of your other cards report as the AZEO card. Never have more than 50% of your total cards report a balance as a rule of rebuilding. Thats a ding to your scores. Follow AZEO for a while and she if she'll quit playing hard to get.

Many here disagree with me on AZEO. I've been doing it for over 4 yrs and it hasnt hurt me one bit. As rebuilders we're showing that we can rack up charges but we pay our bills on time. Plus you dont want to pay interest. I have not paid 1 cent in interest. Hey banks pay me to use your card. I'm not paying you to use them. Then, Why have a cash back card and you lose your profit from the cash back by paying interest? Its a friggin numbers game. Jusy play it right!

Message 11 of 36
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@designated_knitter wrote:

@ FireMedic

I didn't realize the little missy was so jealous!  I *too* have cheated on her since I had to replace the tradelines that were closed by Cap1.  

What does she define as being "faithful" after you have already cheated on her?  Do we have to go to couples counseling or something?  How long before I can look at another card again with lust in my heart?!

(a bit tongue in cheek but serious question since I really want to make her happy in the long run.... )

@designated_knitter Out of the cards you have. Let Missy see that you have higher usage than your other cards. Disco SP's your reports like spying on you to see how your treating them. I started with a $1200 1st card. Three and a half yrs later total was $18,000 on 2 Disco's. Just closed the first iT as a Chrome convert and now have the $15,000 2cd card with a 13.4% APR that started at $7000 if I remember correctly. Just like above. Play the game. She'll give in if you treat her right.

Message 12 of 36
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Thanks @FireMedic1!

you always give such sound and comforting and judgment-free feedback!  I really appreciate your contributions!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 13 of 36
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Clearly I've been doing it wrong.

As for as the AU cards, one reports 5$ (out of 9500) and the other is $0.

As for mine, I've been keeping them below 6% and letting them all report a balance. No interest, previous statement is always paid. I use the disco for virtually everything. Sometimes it reports a balance if I happen to use between the due date and the statement cut. Again, we are talking < $100/2000.

I'll reorganize to do what you suggested. Thank you for your patience and advice.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 14 of 36
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@designated_knitter wrote:

Thanks @FireMedic1!

you always give such sound and comforting and judgment-free feedback!  I really appreciate your contributions!

Thanks! Just lending a helping hand.Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 36
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:
Clearly I've been doing it wrong.

As for as the AU cards, one reports 5$ (out of 9500) and the other is $0.

As for mine, I've been keeping them below 6% and letting them all report a balance. No interest, previous statement is always paid. I use the disco for virtually everything. Sometimes it reports a balance if I happen to use between the due date and the statement cut. Again, we are talking < $100/2000.

I'll reorganize to do what you suggested. Thank you for your patience and advice.

Pfft. No problem. I wont say my age. But AARP was knocking. I didnt know nothing about FICO my whole life until after BK. I was always approved. I cut up all my cards and swore them off in 2000 or so. But now you have to have credit. And if my lawyer didnt tell me about getting credit after BK and this place in 2015. I still wouldnt have known. So I'm still learning to this day. I pass on what I've learned here and what I've done to have credit again. My pleasure to help. Just like others that helped when I joined. I just pay it forward. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 36
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1

I have switched over to AZEO this month.  My Cap One Secured card will report $5 and everyone else will be $0, including Discover.

Silly question ... My statement date is the 4th (tomorrow) and I usually go food shopping on Wednesdays.  Discover is my best rewards card, but if I use it tomorrow midday will it clear in time to be on my statement?  If so, should I use a different card?  We're not talking a lot of rewards, so if I need to use another card it's not a big deal.  I just want to understand/do this right.  My scores have already gone up a few points now that fewer cards are reporting balances (which still blows my mind given none of the individual cards were over 5% and total util was 1%, but hey I'll take it!).

Maybe this will be my lucky month for graduating Smiley Happy

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 17 of 36
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You'll be fine. If you get something on the statement date. It wont post that fast. Usually takes a day or 2. Grab a rack of ribs while your there. Ha!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 36
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Great, thanks!  Fingers crossed that discover shows some love this month!

Message 19 of 36
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

#FingersCrossed #HolidayPresent Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.