cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute A paid Collection that didn't go to a collection company

tag
SixTheLiquor

Dispute A paid Collection that didn't go to a collection company

I moved out of an apartment. Good place. Always paid them on time. Good landlord. I was moving all my things onto a large Uhaul and pressed for time on a deadline, and I asked the landlord if she could drop the internet modem and router off at the cable company. She said yes and I went on about my business. Well....guess what. She didn't and since I moved and had no need to transfer the service, I didnt get a bill. I changed numbers for my new location, and $86 bucks went to collection. 

Thats right $86.00 

I paid it. 

On my report the collection agency is the actual company.  it didnt get sold. 

So, is my best course to simply contact them and ask for deletion? 

its accurate info so I don't want to dispute it , because apparently that could go south real quick. 

$86.....unreal. 

If you want something done right....sigh.... 

Ex-687 TU-654 EQ-652
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dispute A paid Collection that didn't go to a collection company

Can call or contact them to remove it although depending on company you might or might not have success on getting it removed.  Best of luck

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Its hindsight now. Could have called the next day and see if the equip was dropped off. If not. Call the company and say my landlord has it and will drop it off. I moved. They knew that. Could have saved this situation. How long did it take for them to drop it off to get a CA invovled?

Message 3 of 5
MeredithLepore
New Contributor

That's unfortunate, I'm sorry. The best chance you have at having it removed is contacting the company and asking for a goodwill deletion. You can explain the situation and ask for it to be removed from your credit report.

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@MeredithLepore wrote:

That's unfortunate, I'm sorry. The best chance you have at having it removed is contacting the company and asking for a goodwill deletion. You can explain the situation and ask for it to be removed from your credit report.

This. But definitely don't rely on others when it comes to things that could potentially affect your credit. Lesson learned the hard way unfortunately. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.