Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Mania

tag
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

Dispute Mania

So after my mini melt down the other day about my score dropping 30+ points (since recovered...go figure) I took the advice of Guinness and disputed that the account in question was still reporting as an open charge off when in fact it's been paid for a few months. After realizing (or being told) that I took a look at all my reports and noticed that 1) TU is the only bureau that is reporting incorrectly and 2) there are a total of SIX accounts that are not listed correctly. Smiley Surprised I've paid everything in full on my reports and they are still listed as open charges offs, collections and 120+ day lates. Perhaps that is the reason why my score doesn't seem to be rising. Smiley Mad So of course I disputed all of these things and am going to wait patiently for someone to get a clue and fix it. Does anyone know or can guestimate what kind of increase I might see from this? I would be happy with 20 more points going in to apply for a mortgage in August...is that feasible? 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.