Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Results: Please Help!!

tag
coachb123
Regular Contributor

Dispute Results: Please Help!!

So during my credit report clean-up I disputed and old mortgage that had a late payment.  This account was set to fall off my record in August, 2012 but I disputed it as being obsolete.  Experian removed the one 60-day late that was showing and now reports it as a positive account until 2015.  Transunion completely deleted the old mortgage.  Now for the problem.  I got my dispute results back from Equifax and now it shows a NEW 60-day late as of Feb, 2012!!  This account was paid and closed in August of 2005!!

How can they report a NEW 60 day late 7 years after the account was paid and closed???  Can I file a new dispute??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute Results: Please Help!!

Sure...

Message 2 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Something doesn't seem quite right here.  So they reset SOL or something?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@coachb123 wrote:

So during my credit report clean-up I disputed and old mortgage that had a late payment.  This account was set to fall off my record in August, 2012 but I disputed it as being obsolete.  Experian removed the one 60-day late that was showing and now reports it as a positive account until 2015.  Transunion completely deleted the old mortgage.  Now for the problem.  I got my dispute results back from Equifax and now it shows a NEW 60-day late as of Feb, 2012!!  This account was paid and closed in August of 2005!!

How can they report a NEW 60 day late 7 years after the account was paid and closed???  Can I file a new dispute??

For clarity...does the month and year for the late show as 2/2012? The mortgage was paid off, right?

Or did the new 60-day appear somewhere in the past history, prior to paying it off?

Message 4 of 8
coachb123
Regular Contributor

Here are some of the specifics:

Date Opened: 10/2004

Date Reported: 3/2012

Date of Last Payment: 5/2005

Date of First Deliquency: 5/2005

Date Closed: 8/2005

Current Status: Pays 61-90 Days

Activity Description: PAID and CLOSED

In the payment history it lists a 60 day late in July 2005 and now a NEW one for Feb 2012.

So what the heck is going on?  I disputed as being obsolete.  Like I said Experian removed the 60 day late and Transunion deleted the entire tradeline.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would bet that the "new" reporting date of the delinquency is just the last date it was updated.

Creditors regularly provide full updates of their prior reporting, including all prior account history.

A prior level of delinquency is set within your CR either under the current status or the payment rating code(s).

Re-reporting that same prior status is not an updating of the date of occurence of the delinquency itself.

I think its just a status code update.

Message 6 of 8
coachb123
Regular Contributor

I really don't understand what your saying.  I am showing a recent 60-day late AND an old 60-day late.  The update dropped my EQ score 50 points, and I am assuming it has to do with this new 60-day late.

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd just call the lender and ask what's going on.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.