Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Transunion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Transunion

Hello, I disputed Portfolio Recovery (Sprin acct) with Transunion after getting nowhere with PR.  They somehow verified the debt even though they will not do that to me so TU confirmed the debt was accurate.  I call PR a few weeks later thinking I will try to haggle with them some more only.... they can't find my debt. Said nothing on file.  I check TU report again (refreshed since last dispute) and it still shows PR owns the debt. So I dispute it with TU again, and it's still in dispute no answer yet but Credit Karma just told me I've reduced my debt by $1,039.  Which is the exact amount PR shows BUT Credit Karma shows it was closed and not reporting anymore by Nationwide Recovery Services.  So PR doesn't have, this new company does and it shows as if it's closed and no balance owed. I am thoroughly confused. Tu still shows it on my report  ano hasn't finished my second dispute yet.  This debt also shows on EX and EQ.  I tried disputes there too and same thing debt validated. I tried again with EX says I can't because already disputed and I need something to show new info since then. I'm thoroughly confused at this point. I don't owe the debt, period.  PIF with Sprint before imported my line to Verizon.  Sprints showed I owe the debt when I called them as early term fee which they verbally told me would waive when I was ending my account. That was years ago I didn't know better so nothing in writing.  Any experience with this collection acct changing and how to handle?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dispute Transunion

Per CRA rules only 1 CA can report on the same debt, if they lose collection authority they have to remove it. If this NRS was hired but had not contacted you yet while you paid the OC then they can still report but I would request a GW deletion from them.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.