Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute or GW letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute or GW letter?

I had an account with credit one back in 2013-2015. Several late payments. Mostly 30 days but one 120 days. Paid it in full and cut the card up. They closed the account in 2015. In an attempt to write a GW letter I contacted the customer service # twice to obtain my account number and was told both times the account was deleted and they have no info on it. No account #, no payment history, nothing. At this point if they can't validate the info would I not be better disputing it since they can't validate anything?  Would it hurt to try both at the same time?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Dispute or GW letter?

CSR's may not have access to your account. But internally you still exist. CO is known to have a small heart with GW's. Go that route first. If you dispute accurate info and it updates. It can ding you as a new update. You can place your personal info in the letter with a copy of your DL. Bunch of astericks with the last 4 SS numbers. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Why not try Disputing it then if they do send a letter of validation then send the GW?!   just my thoughts....actually @FireMedic1 makes a good point do you know if you were just talking to a CCR or were you talking to someone higher up!?      You wouldn't want to make it current if you were just dealing with a smaller Representative in that case I would reach out fingers crossed and address to the CEO or someone in charge.  Smiley Happy     If you do snail mail always make sure you get a signed received receipt 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say know to have a small heart, I'm assuming that means they're not very forgiving?

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I meant they do GW's more than most of the creditors that are brought up on the site that had success. More positives than failures. In other words you have a better chance at getting r done.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I don't have the full account #(credit report shows all but last 4 digits) how should I reference myself?  Use the last 4 of my social and whatever information I have or should I provide my full social in the letter?

Message 6 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Header of letter

Name

Address

Phone number

Last 4 numbers of your SS # ***-**-1234.

Copy of DL

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed the president of credit one the below letter. 

"4/23/2020

Regarding: Account #*************

SSN# XXX-XX-XXXX

Dear Mr. Dejong,

I opened an account with Credit One in December of 2013. At the time I was trying to rebuild credit. Unfortunately I failed to take the obligation of credit responsibly and had several missed payments.

My then fiance and I were planning a wedding for August of 2014 and two months before the wedding I fell between jobs. I know that there is no excuse for failing to meet a financial responsibility and I owe you a sincere apology. Like many young couples we were in a money pit. I paid off the account in February of 2015 and kept it in good standing until the time the account was closed.

Fast forward a few years and I'm doing a few things right. We're still married, I take her on a “date night” once a month. We've had two amazing kids. We moved across the country to Texas. Now we're looking to buy a house. Unfortunately with with everything going on in the country right now those late payments might negatively impact my ability to get a mortgage.

I know that in two years the late payments will fall off my credit, but I'm asking if you can forgive my past mistakes. We all stumble every once in a while and sometimes we just need someone to help pick us back up. Would you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by deleting the late payments reported thethe three major credit bureaus? I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read this and wish for a gesture of goodwill.

Kindly,

<name>

My address 

my phone number"

I just now, only an hour or so later got an email back. 

"

Good Afternoon ,<name>

This office has received your request. We will respond to your request by mail within 7-10 business days. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Team at 877-825-3242, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m.to 9:00 p.m., and 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday (Pacific Time).

Thank you"

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.