Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Charged Off Account...

tag
mbass18
Established Member

Disputed Charged Off Account...

Hi!  I recently noticed that a credit card of mine (from a department store) had been charged off.  I disputed by sending a letter to the collection agency asking them if I paid off the card in full ($410) if they would remove it from my credit report.  I have not gotten a reply back (has been over three weeks), however, I did notice that my credit report jumped up 10 points. 

The card still remains on my report, and I know it is suppose to stay there for seven years....  The description says "Account transferred or sold" and the Status is still "bad debt; placed for collection."  The balance did change to $0 and the past due amount to "not reported." 

I don't know if there is anything else I can do, or if I just need to wait it out?  Is there anything else I could have done better?  Any info is greatly appreciated!  

Thanks!
Mary

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed Charged Off Account...

It sounds like they sold it to a collection agency.
Message 2 of 3
mbass18
Established Member

Re: Disputed Charged Off Account...

Should I try and call the collection agency that contacted me first and inquire about the card? or just let it be... I don't want to keep changing the status of the card, because I know that it will keep it current....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.