cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Tax Lien Still Being Reported As Unpaid!

tag
GFer
Valued Contributor

Disputed Tax Lien Still Being Reported As Unpaid!

I have a couple of paid/released tax liens that two of the CRA's still report as unpaid. The first time I disputed they came back as 'verified'. (BS of course).

Our of frustration, I contacted IRS and Lien office with county where filed. Both sent me copies of all releases. I mailed these about three weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. When I tried to dispute these again (online) along with smaller things, only the smaller items were allowed.

Got a message stating these were disputed previously and verified!

What am I supposed to do?!?

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed Tax Lien Still Being Reported As Unpaid!

GFer wrote:
I have a couple of paid/released tax liens that two of the CRA's still report as unpaid. The first time I disputed they came back as 'verified'. (BS of course).

Our of frustration, I contacted IRS and Lien office with county where filed. Both sent me copies of all releases. I mailed these about three weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything. When I tried to dispute these again (online) along with smaller things, only the smaller items were allowed.

Got a message stating these were disputed previously and verified!

What am I supposed to do?!?

Did you mail CMRRR? They have 30 days to investigate from the date the receive.

Wait until 30 days is up, plus mailing time, and if they haven't done anything then I'd send another letter.

If you sent the first CMRRR, I'd send another letter with PROOF that they received your first letter 30+ days ago and demand action. Mention that under FCRA 611 (a)(4) they are required to consider any information provided by the consumer. (see below)

If you did not send first CMRRR, send everything again- CMRRR so you have a paper trail.

If you don't get anything accomplished then, I'd send a ITS letter.

Consideration of consumer information

In conducting any reinvestigation under paragraph (1) with respect to disputed information in the file of any consumer, the consumer reporting agency shall review and consider all relevant information submitted by the consumer in the period described in paragraph (1)(A) with respect to such disputed information.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.