cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed a Paid in Full Charge Off - Score Dropped 50 Points!!!!

tag
anik28
Frequent Contributor

Re: Disputed a Paid in Full Charge Off - Score Dropped 50 Points!!!!

@FireMedic1 im working on it, my goal is to consolidate my debts and only use 1 card. The problem I've had is my revolver limits are low so it's hard to do so. I've had Cap 1 QS for over 3 years with not one increase, yet they just charged me the 39$ annual fee.

goal is to pay off all the small debts and wait in the garden for better terms. I just refinanced my auto loan with penfed for a much lower interest rate so that will help my overall finances long term.

Message 11 of 12
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Disputed a Paid in Full Charge Off - Score Dropped 50 Points!!!!

@anik28 wrote:

@FireMedic1 @Credit Karma because I'm on the free plan from Fico so my scores only update every once and a while.

both my credit line increases reported today so my EQ jumped 40 points back up, but still missing those 50 points I took from the dispute. Hoping to gain those back soon cause I'll be in a good place score wise. Really pushing to hit 700 by 2022.

@anik28 CreditKarma is good for monitoring changes being reported but their scores have wild swings as they use "Vantage 3.0"... your actual FICO scores are not as volatile as CreditKarma would lead you to believe. 

If you are worried about your scores for lending purposes, may I suggest totalcredit.com 7 day trial for $1... be sure you cancel before the end of the trial so you aren't charged full price. You can repeat as often as you'd like.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.