Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes - Need more points

tag
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

Disputes - Need more points

So, I thought I was doing a great job of getting my scores up. I had my LO pull credit today, and he told me I can't have any account with any mention of a dispute on any account in order to qualify. I was having a lot of issues telling what has the dispute on the account with the reports I pull. From what I see, I don't have that many disputes that are active, and the ones that are active are accounts that will be deleted (collections I did a PFD). Anyways, he did a simulation on his end with the disputes gone, according to them my mortgage scores will drop around 35 points. I'm at a loss for words. Had I known what I do now, I would have never used a "credit repair company". These should literally be illegal. It's basically stealing money, in my opinion. Preying on the already desperate. 

Can anybody tell me how accurate the LO stimulation is? Would bring added to somebody's high credit limit, low balance, 100% on time credit card help? Trying to get creative here. Lol

4 REPLIES 4
Acc-Risk
Contributor

Re: Disputes - Need more points

That's not true at all. Dispute comments don't affect score. But anyone, such as a loan officer, would like to not see them during application. I'd shop around. His simulation sounds fishy... Unless it's something internal to his company...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's likely happening is the assumption that the disputes will be validated. When/if they are, the account is updated/refreshed in the eyes of FICO and that will ding your scores.

I'm curious why you'd dispute accounts when you have a PFD agreement. There's no need - you pay, they delete. No dispute should be needed...

Message 3 of 5
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous @There's still some lingering disputes from the credit repair agency. They're trying to ruin my life. Lol. I just got rid of them not that long ago.

Message 4 of 5
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Acc-Risk I honestly thought it sounded weird. But, some people have reported it fluffing their scores. I have no idea who to believe. I have another lender I am working with. I just have to start with him because he's the preferred lender. I get an incentive to stay with him. If he gives me a denial letter, then I can shop around and still get part of the incentive.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.