Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes and TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes and TU

Ok, so I'm in wave two of my PFD/GW campaign for my lates I have with Synchrony and as expected they've listed me as disputing each time. Each time I've had it removed, however, I've noticed that my TU score will jump up while it's under dispute and when the dispute is removed it will drop. I know that's supposed to happen, but where I'm confused is that each time it is removed, it has consistently been a drop that puts me two points lower than I was before. I figured I should just be dropping back by however many points I gained, but it seems I'm suffering a small penalty each time. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Disputes and TU

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so I'm in wave two of my PFD/GW campaign for my lates I have with Synchrony and as expected they've listed me as disputing each time. Each time I've had it removed, however, I've noticed that my TU score will jump up while it's under dispute and when the dispute is removed it will drop. I know that's supposed to happen, but where I'm confused is that each time it is removed, it has consistently been a drop that puts me two points lower than I was before. I figured I should just be dropping back by however many points I gained, but it seems I'm suffering a small penalty each time. Does anyone have any insight on this?

GW letters wont cause score changes. Disputing accurate info on a credit file will backfire each time it updates. Eventually the CRA's will place a frivolous catagory and ignore anymore disputes filed by yourself. Stop disputing. Keep sending GW letters. Sync isnt easy.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not disputing it, Synchrony adds the dispute remark themselves and I have to ask them to remove it each time.

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Here's a post from @RobertEG explaining the same situation as you to someone else. Answer this and he'll see your responce. Good Luck!

They reported to the CRA that you filed a direct dispute with them.

Did you, within the GW request, make statements challenging the accuracy of the reporting in any way?

If they have reported to the CRA that you filed a direct dispute, that automatically triggerred their requirement to send you a notice of results of their investigation within 35 days of your "direct dispute."  If they have not done so, then they would be in knowing violation of their statutory requirment under the direct dispute process.

They cannot notice the CRA of a dispute, and then fail to process it as such by concluding a reasonable investigation within 30 days, and mailing a notice of results within 5 business days thereafter.  One way or the other, they would be in violation.

I would call them and request that they contact the CRA and remove the erroneous direct dispute notification, or inform them that you will file a formal complaint with the CFPB for their inaccuracy reporting of a dispute, and in the alternative, their lack of compliance with the direct disptue process.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.