Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes with equifax

tag
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Disputes with equifax

I'm wondering how long these take they won't delete a collection that was recalled tu and experian did. Plus sw usually takes way long to update. Compared to others. So impatient. I am at 587 on both I should be 620s soon or higher. I'm hoping once nordstrom updates then I can get there going from 60 days late 105% util to 15 & current. Well. Also how long to inquiries really affect you I know score 12 months but by July ill have 8 total 4 are car loan inquiries. Prior 12months utility companies will a prime cc deny you bc 5 inquiries in 24 months?
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Disputes with equifax

@sarkell wrote:
I'm wondering how long these take they won't delete a collection that was recalled tu and experian did. Plus sw usually takes way long to update. Compared to others. So impatient. I am at 587 on both I should be 620s soon or higher. I'm hoping once nordstrom updates then I can get there going from 60 days late 105% util to 15 & current. Well. Also how long to inquiries really affect you I know score 12 months but by July ill have 8 total 4 are car loan inquiries. Prior 12months utility companies will a prime cc deny you bc 5 inquiries in 24 months?

SW looks for changes in Equifax every 7-10 days. Depends on how long it takes EQ to update on their side!!!! Inquiries only affect your score for about a yr then start losing their punch. 

Message 2 of 7
diva_1515
Valued Member

I have a current dispute in place and it's pending until 3-18-2013. I entered the dispute online on 2-15-2013.

Message 3 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@ctaylor09 wrote:

I have a current dispute in place and it's pending until 3-18-2013. I entered the dispute online on 2-15-2013.

I would call them

Message 4 of 7
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

My last dispute with EQ had an estimated date of 3/8 (about 30 days), it was actually finished 3/27, the status date changed. I was checking the status online nearly everyday, and I have MPM so I noticed the changes, but I never received the email from EQ saying it was complete until 3/6.
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I'm wondering how long these take they won't delete a collection that was recalled tu and experian did.

You disputed on the basis that a CRA did not delete based on a "recalled" collection?

A "recalled" collection is one that is terminated by the OC, usually based on the OC's acceptance of payment from the consumer, which terminates the debt.

That does not permit the OC to "recall" any credit reporting that they did not make.

Message 6 of 7
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

No oc hospital said I paid them the day it was transferred to collections b4 30 day to dispute notice. Though they reported it 2 weeks earlier if its not deleted I will go back to oc and let them know they said they would handle it. Transunion deleted wo requesting deletion which is inan option in dispute process.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.