Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes

deos it matter if the dollar amount is off by 1 dollar or the date exp open or closed date 12/2/2011 or 12/27/2011?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputes

@Anonymous wrote:

deos it matter if the dollar amount is off by 1 dollar or the date exp open or closed date 12/2/2011 or 12/27/2011?

If it were on my reports I would not be disputing these items.

Message 2 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Seems like minimal or no impact except if the account is closed and is still showing a balance.

That would imply upaid debt, possibly delinquent.

If you want other items corrected, I would do it informally be calling the creditor rather than filing a formal dispute.

Is the account closed and paid in full?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed and charged off and no date of last activity. The account was closed in 2006

Message 4 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Closed and charged off and no date of last activity. The account was closed in 2006

What is the DoFD of this COed account?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't say when I disputed with the CRA they removed the history, DOFD  and no date of last activity. It made me think of shady things happening

Message 6 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the account was charged off, the DOFD was required by statute to have been reported and maintained in the consumer's credit file.

A creditor cannot delete the reported DOFD, as it is required to have been reported per FCRA 623(a)(5) within 90 days after reporting of the CO.

Without a DOFD of record, the CRA cannot determine the required exclusion date of t he charge-off.  They wont delete it.

Check annualcreditreport.com or a credit report obtained directly from the CRA.

The DOFD is reported and stored under the code called the "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Delinquency.""

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not there just received my report in the mail and JCS also has a payment posted and scheduled

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It says no data

Message 9 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Who is the credit card company? This is a problem with credit one.
Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.