Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing Collections?

Ok so maybe I'm being a little impatient but I have a PFD letter, and a reciept saying my collection is paid in full. I know it's only been 2 weeks but I'm starting to get a little voice on my shoulder going "what if they don't hold up their end"

Is it worth it to attempt to dispute with the credit bureaus or do I just sit on my hands?
I'm trying to buy a house in the next 3 years but waiting for a better score is so hard!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Disputing Collections?

CRA policy, as clearly stated in their common credit reporting manual, instructs debt collectors not to delete their reported collection based on payment of the debt.

A dispute on the basis that the debt collector has failed to delete based on a PFD agreement is asking the CRA to delete for a reason contrary their own established reporting policy.

The debt collector, if they agreed to a PFD, is under a contract agreement with you.

Remedy is bringing a breach of contract action based on your agreement prior to paying.

Debt collectors are not likely to actually go to court and attempt to defend a breach of contract action if they have agreed to a PFD.

I would give them at least two months to process the payment and make their own voluntary deletion before proceeding to threat of civil action.

Message 2 of 3
DapprD
Regular Contributor

Re: Disputing Collections?

As @RobertEG states I would wait for the Collection Agency to do what they promised.

Starting Score: 567
Current Score: 739
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.