Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing Inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing Inquiries

Is it even worth the effort to dispute Inquiries with the CRA's?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Disputing Inquiries

Nope not at all. Waste of time.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplegirl wrote:

Nope not at all. Waste of time.

Thanks for confirming!

Message 3 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It depends upon your reason for disputing.

Are you asserting that the inquiry was somehow non-permissible?

Are you asserting possible identity theft?

What are your cirsumstances?

As an option, you might try getting the inquiry recoded as soft by contacting the inquiree........

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

It depends upon your reason for disputing.

Are you asserting that the inquiry was somehow non-permissible?

Are you asserting possible identity theft?

What are your cirsumstances?

As an option, you might try getting the inquiry recoded as soft by contacting the inquiree........

I have no real basis to dispute, was just curious if disputing them even worked. Are you saying we can contact the company that did the inquiry and ask them to recode it to a soft pull?

Message 5 of 13
tparks5961
Regular Contributor

I succesfully had an inquiry removed but I had to start the request at the company that conducted the inquiry.

Regions pulled my report in october and the agent at the bank forgot to submit the paperwork for a secured credit card.  She told me to just sign some papers that she sent me and they pulled my credit again resulting in 2 pulls.. It was clearly a mistake on the part of regions so the had it removed.

I tried to dispute with the CRA's and they simply said they dont accept disputes for inquiries. I have to contact the company.. so I did.

Last Inquiry 12/23/2022 Ally Bank Mortgage
Fico Score Progression: 10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540 | 1/10/2023 EQ 785 TU 789 EX 787
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Since you're clearly a new member you probably should familarize yourself with the forums' User Guidelines:

"The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score."

Message 7 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Dont do it. M&B explained the other part. Mod will wipe it off before you hit submit. Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

After you dispute these valid inquiries for no valid reason, and you trigger some unintended credit consequences, we all look forward to your post(s) asking how to fix the damage!

Seriously though, you authorized the inquires, you own them. What are you trying to gain by having them removed?

If I was you, I’d take the advice of the members that have been around a while over a new member spewing bad advice.

Good luck though.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
After you dispute these valid inquiries for no valid reason, and you trigger some unintended credit consequences, we all look forward to your post(s) asking how to fix the damage!

Seriously though, you authorized the inquires, you own them. What are you trying to gain by having them removed?

If I was you, I’d take the advice of the members that have been around a while over a new member spewing bad advice.

Good luck though.

I had already decided not to do anything, I am rather new myself, simply trying to learn as much as I can to improve my credit. I didn't want to not try something that could help that I wasn't aware of which is why I asked.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.