Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing info and score lowers.

tag
SemperGumby
Contributor

Disputing info and score lowers.

Good morning everyone.  I am new to credit rebuilding and hoping someone might be able to give me some guidance.

I pull MyFico score for Equifax the other day and saw a couple of items worth disputing.  My score on 1/3/2013 was a 622.  I just repulled today and Equifax is now down to 594 with the two items that were previously not negatively impacting, are now negatively impacting me.  One is an old Verizon bill from 2007 and the other is a Target store card from around the same time.  

Does anyone know why this may have happened?  It was my understanding that while actively in the dispute process that the items were not supposed to reflect on your credit at all since it was in dispute.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Disputing info and score lowers.

Not all disputes are taken out of scoring.

Could you post before and afters of the TLs.  It's hard to say without actually seeing them. 

Have you used annualcreditreport.com to get a free copy of your reports from all 3 CRAs? 

Message 2 of 13
SemperGumby
Contributor

My before and after scores?  Or the before and after reporting?

I wasn't so much surprised and them not falling off, but with no other credit report changes, these 2 items 

Message 3 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 13
SemperGumby
Contributor

I'll post the tradelines in two posts:

Aac: January 5, 2013  EQ:594

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry

Jan, 2013
Feb, 2010
Jan, 2008
$533
Open Account
Individual
Factoring Companies

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?]

$756120+ days past due

$756

even year payment history [?]

30 days late60 days late90+ days late

0 times
0 times
1 time (Sep 2012)

January 3,2013: 

Aac  EQ:622

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry

Jan, 2013
Feb, 2010
Jan, 2008
$533
Open Account
Individual
Factoring Companies

$756120+ days past due$756

Seven year payment history [?]

30 days late60 days late90+ days late

0 times
0 times
0 times
Message 5 of 13
SemperGumby
Contributor

Account 2:

January 5, 2013:

Afni-Bloom

Sep, 2012
Jul, 2009
Oct, 2007
$390
Open Account
Individual
Factoring Companies
Descriptions [?]
  • Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

$390120+ days past due$390
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
1 time (Aug 2009)
Worst Delinquency [?]
120+ days past due

The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

January 3, 2013:

Afni-Bloom
Sep, 2012
Jul, 2009
Oct, 2007
$390
Open Account
Individual
Factoring Companies
Descriptions [?]
  • Consumer disputes this account information
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

$390120+ days past due$390
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
1 time (Aug 2009)
Worst Delinquency [?]
120+ days past due
The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

Message 6 of 13
SemperGumby
Contributor

Hopefully that gives all the needed info.

Message 7 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What I see is from the first account you posted, the Jan 5 pull shows a 90 day late as of Sep 2012 which did not show on the Jan 3 pull. 

Not sure if that is the problem.  Both TL are reported by a CA.  Those types of accounts should not count in your utilization.  Meaning since they are disputed, the TL wouldn't be taken out of scoring while the dispute is resolved.

Do you know what the DoFD is for these accounts.

Message 8 of 13
SemperGumby
Contributor

I'll have to give Equifax a call on Monday.  I showed this to a friend of mine with pristine credit the change and he was shaking his head.  

What has me scrubbing my credit report is that  Iapplied for an auto loan with Wells Fargo and the guy on the phone said out lod "I have no idea why you were declined. The decline doesn't make any sense".  So they are looking over everything with there supervisor and want me to call back on Monday.

Message 9 of 13
SemperGumby
Contributor

DoFD?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.