Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diversified Consultants, Sprint, Deleting a Paid collections account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diversified Consultants, Sprint, Deleting a Paid collections account

I was told the same as the OP. It is possible to pay and OC and have it retracted from a CA and therefore removed from credit reports. I've done it with other accounts.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that you were told that, however the rep was wrong.

Then that would seem to be on Sprint, not me. Why are the reps telling people entries will be deleted when they won't be? To get payments out of them?

I contacted a US based corporate employee, will see what sort of results that yields. I still plan to dispute once I receive the confirmation letter from Sprint, if this route doesn't work.

Message 12 of 23
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The debt was always under the ownership of the creditor, and not the debt collector.

Thus, there is no "recall of the debt."

What is at issue is the termination of assigned collection authority, and whether it was done before or after they creditor accepted payment of the debt.

A creditor cannot retroactively terminate assigned collection authority after accepting payment of the debt.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

The debt was always under the ownership of the creditor, and not the debt collector.

Thus, there is no "recall of the debt."

What is at issue is the termination of assigned collection authority, and whether it was done before or after they creditor accepted payment of the debt.

A creditor cannot retroactively terminate assigned collection authority after accepting payment of the debt.

And going off of what the rep told me, the collection authority should have been terminated from DCI before I paid. If the rep was wrong in saying that, then that is Sprint's fault for not training their front line CSR's on the proper etiquette or verbiage. 

If speaking to this corporate employee fails, I'll try disputing it with the CRAs (because despite what you seem to be trying to tell me, paying an OC and then disputing with the CRAs has yielded results for others here in this very subforum). If neither of those works, I will open a dispute with the BBB/CFPB because a Sprint employee told me it would be removed and it wasn't, and chalk it up to a learning experience.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zkay11 I just sent you a PM

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to post an update for future readers. I opened a CFPB case against DCI since Sprint had told me the debt would be deleted, and it took 8 days for their response but my effort was SUCCESSFUL! DCI submitted a request to the CRAs for a deletion.

Keep fighting them, you can win!

Thanks to naek for the encouragement. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 23
llCreditPAINll

I was told the same thing by Sprint and even have a recording of the conversation. What information did you need to open the CFPB case?  How long was it from the opening of the case to the deletion from you CRA's?

Message 17 of 23

I am currently in the same situation.  Could you please share with me what you said to the CFPB?

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

any update on this? i am in same situation with AT&T and DCI

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates?

I am working on this as well and dealing with DCI or Sprint is such a hassle. My next step is to file a complaint. 

Luckily I recorded every call with them both.  In my opinion, it is better to not pay the collections at all.

Both companies have not honored their word, to send out a letter or remove the negative information. 

I'm not sure how to classify my dispute with the CFPB.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.