cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to bother with these accounts.

tag
Rwil72
Regular Contributor

Do I need to bother with these accounts.

I have about 5 accounts that are 2 to 2.5 years old that were charge off then Paid or settled for less than the balance.

I did that before I knew how to negotiate a delete. I was thinking about trying to get some of these accounts removed.

My question is, how bad are these still hurting my scores?

EXP637 TU644 EQ670

PS. My credit utilization fluctuates between 20-50% I know I need to be practicing AZEO

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Do I need to bother with these accounts.

@Rwil72 wrote:

I have about 5 accounts that are 2 to 2.5 years old that were charge off then Paid or settled for less than the balance.

I did that before I knew how to negotiate a delete. I was thinking about trying to get some of these accounts removed.

My question is, how bad are these still hurting my scores?

EXP637 TU644 EQ670

PS. My credit utilization fluctuates between 20-50% I know I need to be practicing AZEO

They will affect Fico the entire time they are on file, as they age back from the last time they were updated they will hurt less.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

While their impact may fade over time, they do still have an impact. Plus, they are still fairly new comparatively.

What have you got to lose by sending some goodwill letters?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are pretty good to be having that many COs less than 3 years old! I think I personally would take the time to try GW letters. Your score could be in the high 700s if they were to be removed.. wouldn't that feel great? On the other hand, if you arent looking to apply for a mortgage or need a super prime rate on something in the next few years, you could just leave them alone, if you arent feeling like messing with them. Won't hurt to try tho right? 

Message 4 of 5
Rwil72
Regular Contributor

To be more specific, these accounts were charged off 3 years ago and I paid them 2 to 2.5 years ago. I think I will write some goodwill letters I would like to get to 700’s.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.