cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to bother with these accounts.

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Contributor

Do I need to bother with these accounts.

I have about 5 accounts that are 2 to 2.5 years old that were charge off then Paid or settled for less than the balance.

I did that before I knew how to negotiate a delete. I was thinking about trying to get some of these accounts removed.

My question is, how bad are these still hurting my scores?

EXP637 TU644 EQ670

PS. My credit utilization fluctuates between 20-50% I know I need to be practicing AZEO

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Do I need to bother with these accounts.

@Rwil72 wrote:

I have about 5 accounts that are 2 to 2.5 years old that were charge off then Paid or settled for less than the balance.

I did that before I knew how to negotiate a delete. I was thinking about trying to get some of these accounts removed.

My question is, how bad are these still hurting my scores?

EXP637 TU644 EQ670

PS. My credit utilization fluctuates between 20-50% I know I need to be practicing AZEO

They will affect Fico the entire time they are on file, as they age back from the last time they were updated they will hurt less.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 2 of 5
Regular Contributor

While their impact may fade over time, they do still have an impact. Plus, they are still fairly new comparatively.

What have you got to lose by sending some goodwill letters?
March 2018 - EX: 419 EQ: 456 TU: 423
February 2019 - EX: 537 EQ: 547 TU: 509
March 2019 - EX: 625 EQ: 555 TU: 579
April 2019 - EX: 640 EQ: 637 TU: 642
Message 3 of 5
New Contributor

Your scores are pretty good to be having that many COs less than 3 years old! I think I personally would take the time to try GW letters. Your score could be in the high 700s if they were to be removed.. wouldn't that feel great? On the other hand, if you arent looking to apply for a mortgage or need a super prime rate on something in the next few years, you could just leave them alone, if you arent feeling like messing with them. Won't hurt to try tho right? 

2/25/19 FICO 08 = EX-580, EQ-559, TR-610
Current FICO8 as of 5/21/19 = EX 621, EQ?, TR?
Exp mortgage score 607!
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

To be more specific, these accounts were charged off 3 years ago and I paid them 2 to 2.5 years ago. I think I will write some goodwill letters I would like to get to 700’s.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.