cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Know What's Up With USAA Secured Credit Cards? Please Read and Help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Anyone Know What's Up With USAA Secured Credit Cards? Please Read and Help?

I have the USAA Secured American Express credit card and have had it for going on seven months now.

Back in June 2018, I initially applied for the USAA Secured Visa credit card and was approved, however, for some weird reason, USAA rejected me funding the card from my Bank of America checking account AND my local credit union checking account, so that was twice I was approved, but something at USAA blocked my funding the $250 deposit.

So, I withdrew my application and re-applied for the USAA American Express, which DID allow me to fund the $250 deposit from my local credit union checking account.

Then, a couple of weeks later I re-applied for the USAA Secured Visa credit card and like before, I was approved, but it AGAIN would NOT allow me to fund the card from my Bank of America checking account, then when I pulled that third application, waited a week an reapplied and wa approved and tried to fund it with the SAME credit union checking account that I funded my USAA Secured American Express, USAA's system told me that I can not fund a card from an account already attached to my profile.

Wait, what?

I called USAA's customer service and the lady must have been new, because she knew absolutely nothing.!

Then, I waited about three months and ATTEMPTED to apply for the USAA Secured Visa credit card, but when you click on Products, then Credit cards, then Rebuilding Credit Credit Cards, USAA's system has the following disclaimer:

"New Secured Card Coming"

"If you need to build or rebuild your credit, we're working towards creating a new credit card for you. In the meantime, please check out our other credit cards."

I called customer service and they are being secretive, like Apple employees at the Apple Store when you ask about specs for their upcoming iphone releases.

Sorry to be long-winded, but that disclaimer has been on thier site for months now, yhou can simply go to their website, www.usaa.com, click on Products, then Credit Cards, then Rebuilding Credit and you'd see exactly what I'm talking about.

USAA

s Customer Service is acting like they don't know anything.

Does anyone here have any insight as to what's happening?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Know What's Up With USAA Secured Credit Cards? Please Read and Help?

I would suggest just skipping this card for now. It sounds like they have given you way too much runaround already (and who knows how many inquiries). Try the prequalifier for Discover secured. That card will actually unsecure (usually after 7-12 months), whereas the USAA one does not. It also earns rewards. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.