cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Credit Collection Services still do PFD?

tag
coldbrewmami2021

Does Credit Collection Services still do PFD?

Hi,

I have a collection with Progressive that was sent to Credit Collection Services. I went through an extremely rough time financially and I'm trying to recover and take care of my financial mistakes and just do better. I'm willing to pay in full in exchange for deletion but try as I might, CCS is not budging. They refuse to take my PFD offer. Does anyone know if CCS still offers "Pay for Deletes"? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: Does Credit Collection Services still do PFD?

@coldbrewmami2021 wrote:

Hi,

I have a collection with Progressive that was sent to Credit Collection Services. I went through an extremely rough time financially and I'm trying to recover and take care of my financial mistakes and just do better. I'm willing to pay in full in exchange for deletion but try as I might, CCS is not budging. They refuse to take my PFD offer. Does anyone know if CCS still offers "Pay for Deletes"? 

I'd like to know myself. I have 2 CCS collections myself that I'll take care of soon. I would just pay in full. Then, in about 30 days write a GW asking for that PFD. JMHO

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 2 of 11
coldbrewmami2021

@sznthescore wrote:

@coldbrewmami2021 wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to know myself. I have 2 CCS collections myself that I'll take care of soon. I would just pay in full. Then, in about 30 days write a GW asking for that PFD. JMHO

I will try have to try that because they just keep saying that robotic line about the "fair credit reporting act" and only reporting accurate information when I offer the PFD. Hopefully the GW letter after payment will yield different results. Thanks!

Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

From another thread in May of 21:

From @Rlupo810 " have a progressive bill with CCS and I read these forums that they are open to PFD, I called in and the rep claimed that it is something they used to do but could not anymore......."

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Credit-Collection-Services-and-Portfolio... 

Paid collections look better than owed. Paid collections do dont appear on FICO 9 scores or Vantage.

Message 4 of 11
justjess

any luck with the good will for CCS? i recently paid a collection with them in full and am almost at 30 days past payment and wondering if it is worth it to try 

Message 5 of 11
Sj257

That is exactly what I have as well and they deleted all my other accounts but not progressive- Icould have sworn that when we were on the phone they said they would- I paid the 349 and it still remains 5 years later - from progressive. 

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 11

I'm having the same issue with them quoting the fair credit reporting line. One thing is for sure paid looks better than owed I would think, but I'm going keep trying.

Message 7 of 11
Sj257

For those that have their account placed with them with Progressive being the OC- has anyone tried to ask Progressive to remove? Or would they even be able to? Anyone know? 

Message 8 of 11
Sj257

Sorry- I don't want to get on anyone's nerves here but I was also wondering about the date for removal- I'm a little confused and I have searched the forums- my account with this collection agency says it was opened 5 years and 9 months ago- I understood that an account could be eligible to be removed after 7 years and that clock starts at the first delinquency- is that correct? The first delinquency- with progressive for me was before the account with the collection agency was opened but I'm not sure when- does anyone know how to figure it out or am I misunderstanding?

Message 9 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Sj257 wrote:

Sorry- I don't want to get on anyone's nerves here but I was also wondering about the date for removal- I'm a little confused and I have searched the forums- my account with this collection agency says it was opened 5 years and 9 months ago- I understood that an account could be eligible to be removed after 7 years and that clock starts at the first delinquency- is that correct? The first delinquency- with progressive for me was before the account with the collection agency was opened but I'm not sure when- does anyone know how to figure it out or am I misunderstanding?

You're right, the 7 year clock starts with the initial delinquency on the ORIGINAL account. If you don't know that date, well, if it's incorrect and you have no proof to get it corrected, it's going to be tough.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.