cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Removing A Satisfied Judgement Increase Score?

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Removing A Satisfied Judgement Increase Score?

Correct. Under the bk laws you can remove a judgement after a year from your public record. As long as it was/is included in the bk. It does/can sit on you cr for the 7 years but under the law you can have it removed.
Message 11 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks all for really setting the record straight on this sort of turmoil.
Message 12 of 22
freshstart88

An update on my situation:

I got a phone call today from the creditor that I had the judgment with. She told me that she was going to "satisfy the judgment" with the courts, and that I could dismiss my motion to vacate. It seems like she didn't want to be bothered with the hearing. I don't know that her satisfying the judgment will help me accomplish my goal of removing the judgment from my credit reports. I need to do some more research on this, but in the mean time, I am not dismissing my motion.

Message 13 of 22
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Freshstart88 if it was me i wouldnt dismiss my motion. To me it seems like the oc is trying to pull a fast one on you.
Message 14 of 22
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@freshstart88 wrote:

An update on my situation:

I got a phone call today from the creditor that I had the judgment with. She told me that she was going to "satisfy the judgment" with the courts, and that I could dismiss my motion to vacate. It seems like she didn't want to be bothered with the hearing. I don't know that her satisfying the judgment will help me accomplish my goal of removing the judgment from my credit reports. I need to do some more research on this, but in the mean time, I am not dismissing my motion.

If the judgement was paid, they would have to mark it satisfied, otherwise it would be false reporting.  It is not doing you any favors, and it would not removed it from your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 15 of 22
duckfan4life
Established Member

Agree with other posters here. I'd pursue the motion to vacate that you filed. I just completed this, and it was very easy. After the judge signed, and I faxed it over to Equifax and Transunion, they deleted within a day.

Gardening from 02/14/2014 - 07/01/2014

$4500                 $6K                      $1K                   $2K                $5K                    $15K                  $7.5K
Message 16 of 22
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Anybody heard anything? I haven't heard anything yet on my end. I keep checking online my local clerk of courts website for any changes to my case but all it has is when I filled the motion to vacate on 3/24/14.

Message 17 of 22
freshstart88

An update on my situation again:

So I received a letter from the creditor that said they would not contest my motion to vacate the judgment. I suppose they communicated the same thing to the local court, because I received a letter stating that the judgment had been vacated on the grounds that the other party did not contest it. I disputed the judgment with both TU and EQ, and it was removed from both bureaus 2 days later. Easy!

Message 18 of 22
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! I still havent heard anything back on mine from either the original creditor, judge/clerk of courts, or the attorney representing the original creditor. Everybody got the same motion on my end I guess your local courts are faster than mine lol
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,  I know this is an old post but did you ever get your judgements vacated.  I am going to be starting this procedure soon.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.