cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a $35 collection affect credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a $35 collection affect credit score?

I have a $35 collection from 2.5 years ago for My Money Monitor- a company that charges you a fee for finding money that is owed to you.  I paid the $35 fee last year but the company did not delete collection from credit report. Yesterday I sent them a fax asking them to remove this from my credit reports (EQ and EX). Today I received a call informing me that they have sent the bureaus a request to delete my credit.  Since this collection amount is so small, will this have any impact on my credit?

Current scores: EQ 693, EX 752, TU 727

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does a $35 collection affect credit score?

I dont think the scoring algoirithm cares what the amount is.

The thing that matters is that it did occur.

If they remove it, it should give you a score bump.  The amount of the bump depends on if this is your only derogatory item reporting.

HTH

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does a $35 collection affect credit score?

This is the ONLY derogatory mark on my Experian report.  I have one additional collection report on my EQ ($265 medical debt that has been paid for).  I'm sending goodwill letters to also get that removed though probably will not be as successful.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.