cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does paying a Charge-Off actually help?? Advice please

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Should you remove old Charge-offs that are paid??

It would be beneficial, but OP is also running a risk with being flagged for frivolous disputes, as there is nothing inaccurate to dispute. 

If there are any inaccuracies, dispute would lead to correction, not deletion. 

More likely than not, original TL stays. Scores get worse once dispute comes back as verified. Makes loan situation much worse

It's not even one CO, it's 4 of them. 

OP was explained all this several times already so I guess they will proceed with it regardless of what's said here.  

Message 11 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Would it be best to email the companies, Send them a letter in the mail or would a dispute work?

What kind of inaccurate info are you disputing? 

Message 12 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

It would be beneficial, but OP is also running a risk with being flagged for frivolous disputes, as there is nothing inaccurate to dispute. 

If there are any inaccuracies, dispute would lead to correction, not deletion. 

More likely than not, original TL stays. Scores get worse once dispute comes back as verified. Makes loan situation much worse

It's not even one CO, it's 4 of them. 

OP was explained all this several times already so I guess they will proceed with it regardless of what's said here.  

+1 

As it was explained in your other thread disputing accurate information can be problematic. 

In this thread you're asking, "Since these are all now Paid, could I ask for them to be deleted? Would it help my score? If so, what's the best route to take on this?"

The answer is yes, you can ask, and yes, if they agree it will definitely help but the creditors are under no obligation to do so unless you have a written agreement ('pay for delete' agreement). 

If these are different issues you might need to clarify since you're asking similar questions in several similar threads.

Message 13 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does paying a Charge-Off actually help?? Advice please

@coreysw12 wrote:

But isn't the mortgage app pretty much doomed to certain failure with an unpaid chargeoff on the reports? I can't imagine an underwriter would ever look past that.

You will be told what you have to do before you can close.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.