cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the AMEX Optima card still exist?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does the AMEX Optima card still exist?

I have had my Optima Card since 1984.  I never see it offered any more and don't remember how I happened to get one.  I guess Amex sent me an application at one point and I filled it out. I still use it and it's linked to my PayPal account. It's one of my two Amex cards both of which I've had for about the same length of time. I haven't been tempted to apply for any of their products since the 80s.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have charged off AE should I apply for Optima card? The collection company is not reinstating anything as they lied and said. AE customer said they aren't authorized to reinstate after 3 months....pretty much now I have to re-apply. How long do I stay in their system as charge-off? I would like to restablish to go back to qualify for AE.....

Thanks for your help:-)

Message 12 of 14
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had my Optima Card since 1984.  I never see it offered any more and don't remember how I happened to get one.  I guess Amex sent me an application at one point and I filled it out. I still use it and it's linked to my PayPal account. It's one of my two Amex cards both of which I've had for about the same length of time. I haven't been tempted to apply for any of their products since the 80s.

This was the first revolver by AMEX and came out sometime in '87.  I never applied for it, but remember seeing those paper applications for it advertised at the restaurant I worked it. My first AMEX was the Green Card in '92.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thank you so much for reply. Congrats for having yours sooooo long:-)

Unfortunately, my life took a turn for worst for a while now I am trying to rebuild the smart way.

I will go online to see if I can locate application. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.