cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't get discouraged! +270pts gained to 850!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dont get discouraged! +220pts gained!

@credit8502020 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A quick update: 30-day late from Sept. 2014 dropped and bumped my EX 24pts to 800 and my EQ 29 pts to 799! My student loans for some reason are not reporting to Equifax so wondering if thats why the score is below 800 or if its related to the Utilization. Messages Image(3145004130).png

@Anonymous Congrats on the winning you're experiencing!!! Did you dispute any of the lates or just let them all fall off? I have 3 lates on Discover from August-October 2018 and 6 on Navient (will be paid off in November) from 2014. Ideally I'd like them to be removed as soon as possible, but considering the absolute best way to do this.  

I challenged everything that was reasonable. Luckily, all my lates were 3+ years old so that gave me an advantage since they were recent and I only had 30 day lates, nothing major as a 60 or 90. 

Message 61 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's been about 9 months since I made an update. Today, I woke up to a perfect 850 all-cross. I reduced my utilization to 1% (AZEO) and added an AU with 25+ years. Took me from 826 to 850 all across. 

This won't stay like this for long since I have two new accounts, 4 inquiries, a car loan and some balances reporting soon but for as long as it stays it's surreal to see this after struggling with credit for so long. 

tg_image_2116690148.jpeg

Message 62 of 72
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! You journey has/will continue to inspire many rebuilders.

@Anonymous wrote:

So it's been about 9 months since I made an update. Today, I woke up to a perfect 850 all-cross. 

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 63 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major congrats @Anonymous - huge accomplishment that many don't ever reach. Coming from where you started, it's even more impressive. I'm very very happy for you - here's to continuing success! Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 72
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice job. Persistance pays off.

Message 65 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Don't get discouraged! +270pts gained to 850!

That's great!

Message 66 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Major congrats @Anonymous - huge accomplishment that many don't ever reach. Coming from where you started, it's even more impressive. I'm very very happy for you - here's to continuing success! Smiley Happy

Thank you. So much valuable knowledge on these boards. 

Message 67 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Thank you for all the responses on "where should I start". I remember searching for your posts and see what you would respond to people depending on their scenarios. 

Message 68 of 72
zan987
New Contributor

Thank you for sharing. I will keep hope alive!

Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 69 of 72
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Thank you for all the responses on "where should I start". I remember searching for your posts and see what you would respond to people depending on their scenarios. 

Thanks @Anonymous Glad I could be a small part of the great recovery you accomplished! Your turn to psss it on! Smiley Very Happy

Message 70 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.