Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't give up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't give up!

In may of this year, my husband and I went driving around to look at houses....just for fun. Well, we found one we loved. New build, builder pays closing costs, eligible for USDA zero down payment. Put earnest money down and waited for our credit to be pulled over memorial day weekend. I has a 565 mid and my husband had a 556 mid. No bueno. Went thru the company's home buyers club, paid down all balances and disputed some things that were either too old, or not ours/reporting incorrectly. Sent out tons of GW letters and DV letters. Blessed to be in Texas, as they have to validate within 30 days. The homebuyers club repelled credit in July, and today.

July was 609 mid for me, and 610 for my husband. Today, he has a 640 mid (with one card still reporting an $85 balance) and I have a 625 mid (different FICO versions). We are on the way to our first home, thanks in large part to this forum.

Never give up..the light at the end of the tunnel is closer than you think!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Don't give up!

Well,, make sure you do a happy dance in the living room as soon as you get your new home!   Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

Re: Don't give up!

Agree !!!!!!!

Starting Score: 7/12 545 EX (PSECU)
Current Score: 689 EX (PSECU) / EQ 697 / TU 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.