Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't know my account/old cell number

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know my account/old cell number

I sent a GW letter to Verizon Wireless through planetfeedback and heard back from them today.  They are going to have someone contact me but need my account number or old cell number.  I opened the account in 2005 and have a couple cell phone numbers since then and can't remember it for the life of me.  I gave them my SSN, should that be enough?  Is it grounds for disputing if they can't find me?  It was an account that I settled with them for less then was owed.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Don't know my account/old cell number

If it is still reporting on your CR, then the information is still in your credit file with the CRA.

If the account number is not posted in your CR, then you can still obtain it directly from the CRA.

Just send the CRA a letter under FCRA 609(a)(1), along with the current processing fee of $10.50.

Request the identifying information reported by the OC.  That should be sufficient for complete identification of the account.

Message 2 of 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Don't know my account/old cell number

Be careful giving your SSN to Verizon to find your account.  This exact thing happened with me and Qwest - and in their efforts to find me in their system:  A HARD INQUIRY!

I called a hundred times to complain about it and they didn't fix it and said they didn't know they did the hard inquiry.  I disputed it - nothing will change.  i'm stuck w/ it.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.