cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't get discouraged! +270pts gained to 850!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get discouraged! +270pts gained to 850!

LATEST UDPDATE:

Made it to the 800-club! This is surreal

December 2018 I was at 632 and had spoken to 2 bankrupcy attorneys. I was ready to give up. Started listening to Ramsey and things took a turn for the best. Sold my cars, bikes, moved to a cheaper apt, etc. After about 18 months, ~$40K in balances paid, a full 180 turn in how I manage finances, 2 credit related lawsuits, about 35 CMMR letters to creditors/collections/CRA, I reached 803 on TU, 800 on EX, and 799 on EQ.

Only one baddie left (30-day late from June 2016 on Experian), otherwise Equifax and Transunion are squeaky clean. 

Messages Image(3725367457).png

Original Post: 

Here is my tracker since September, 2018. 554 to 696 based on FICO 09. The battle really started around Jan-February of this year. I did not have Equifax FICO 08 scores back then so I've been using Navy Federal free FICOs to track it. All done using what I call the 3Ps.

Paper (dispute)
Pay
Patience.

I`ll write a small brief of my progress and my strategy shortly. Last baddie is a paid charge off that im suing the CO for violation of the terms of our agreement. I have also lowered my UT% by a good amount since July so I'm hoping the August update reflects that. The other steps included disputing with 623 method, MOV,  arbitration, and other strategies.

My Experian and Transunion 08 FICOs are 716/706 respectively. My FICO 08 for Equifax is 688 ATM. Waiting for last baddie to drop and see the effects of that. Will not be applying for new cards at the moment. I'm more interested in growing the ones I have since they are all very small CLs.

Don't get discouraged!

Messages Image(2589424550).png

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Dont get discouraged! +140pts in 10 months.

Congrats on your progress so far! 

Message 2 of 72
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

The three Ps are great.  

I might even add Planning or maybe Preparation and Perseverence.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 72
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Good thinking on growing you scores and limits. Once the scores top out and a little time goes by. Then the door will open for better cards soon. Keep up the great work!

Message 4 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dont get discouraged! +140pts gained!

Very nice encouragement for some of us. I'm currently stuck in credit score purgatory (615 - 630 range). Nothing more I can do actively, but sit back and wait for inquries to fall off and CS to raise over time. Congrats on the improvement!!

Message 5 of 72
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the steady progress!

Message 6 of 72
LOC
Contributor

Congratulations, keep working it

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 7 of 72
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

Definitely gives me some fuel to keep on plugging.  I have already moved up some but still need about that many points to get near the 700's.

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 8 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another 20pts gained, up to 714. I have 5-6 inquiries falling off in Sept/Oct and another 3-4 again last 12 months in the same time period. Looking to see the effects on this.

Still have a charge off reporting that I’m close to getting it removed.

Will report back shortly.

Messages Image(3432404455).png

Message 9 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update from Septh 6th. Up from 720 to 721. No mayor changes.

Messages Image(4060360777).png

Message 10 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.