Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Uverse Trouble

tag
welsij
Valued Member

Double Uverse Trouble

Hello everyone,

I've been working at this a few years and finally saw my first 700 last Friday, on transunion.

This morning, I woke up to a 40 point deduction from a collections account, at the worst possible time (I'm applying for apartments).

I have two questions.

1) I just want the collection account gone as soon as possible. I know that I could send a DV, wait, then negotiate, but I want this resolved like, tomorrow. Should I try to get ATT to accept payment and then dispute the collection account or try to negotiate a PFD directly with the CA (Prince Parker)? 

2) I have had this exact same problem in the past. Last time, I paid ATT directly and have chat screenshots where I was promised they'd have the collection account deleted (ERC), but that hasn't happened YET and it's been nearly a year. It's only updated to "Paid" instead of being deleted. Since ATT accepted payment in full, how can I have the Enhanced Recovery Collections account deleted from my report? 

Thanks guys. I'm really discouraged by this after all of the progress I've been working to make, and I'm hoping it doesn't result in me being homeless.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double Uverse Trouble

@welsij wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've been working at this a few years and finally saw my first 700 last Friday, on transunion.

This morning, I woke up to a 40 point deduction from a collections account, at the worst possible time (I'm applying for apartments).

I have two questions.

1) I just want the collection account gone as soon as possible. I know that I could send a DV, wait, then negotiate, but I want this resolved like, tomorrow. Should I try to get ATT to accept payment and then dispute the collection account or try to negotiate a PFD directly with the CA (Prince Parker)? 

2) I have had this exact same problem in the past. Last time, I paid ATT directly and have chat screenshots where I was promised they'd have the collection account deleted (ERC), but that hasn't happened YET and it's been nearly a year. It's only updated to "Paid" instead of being deleted. Since ATT accepted payment in full, how can I have the Enhanced Recovery Collections account deleted from my report? 

Thanks guys. I'm really discouraged by this after all of the progress I've been working to make, and I'm hoping it doesn't result in me being homeless.

It sounds like you have the orignal Charge off with AT&T and the collection with Prince Parker.  My thinking - and others may chime in and correct me - is that AT&T sold your debt to Prince Parker for likely pennies on the dollar. Therefore, contacting AT&T to pay them a debt that they no longer hold is a waste of time and completely inconsitent with your goal of getting this resolved quickly. There is this possibility that the chargeoff will remain (with a zero balance after you pay the CA).   So, you go for the PFD w Parker.  If they have a website, check their first before calling them to see if they have a PFD policy.  Google and see what you find.  Check these boards.

I once a collection, and called them with a figure in mind to settle. PFD.  I told the rep, "if you can get your sup/mgr to agree to accept this amount $__ today for deletion, I will be happy to pay right now, but I need this in writing."  They offered to fax, assuming I didn't have a fax number. I gave them my fax number. Got my fax a few hours later, called and paid. Within 2-4 weeks, the negative item was removed.  They are under no obligation to remove "an accurate item". 

As far as the other matter, you don't pay a CA and then a year later expect the odds of a getting a deletion are going to be good. In this second case, you might want to call them and ask for a supervisor; explain your situation, apartment etc and ask if they will remove it. Make 2-3 attempts, if no luck, I would (and this may not be your route, because there could be other variables involved/other consequences) dispute.  I once disputed a collection with the arguments (a.) I had no formal contractual agreement or relationship with the CA (b.) how can their be a late payment for with a creditorm whom I've had no relationship with?   Good luck with everything!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.