Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing attention to collection accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drawing attention to collection accounts

I've been working on fixing my credit and now I'm working on my wife's credit.  She has 4 accounts in collection.  3 are relatively small (<$1,000), the last being a reposessed car that was charged off with a balance near $20k (Capital One).  The car will hit the SOL in my state between Oct and Dec of this year.  If I start paying off the small collection accounts or disputing( one should be gone already), is it possible to draw the attention of the dragon in the room( Capital One) somehow by taking action against the other ones even though they are unrelated companies?  I really want to hit that SOL before Capital One wakes up. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Drawing attention to collection accounts

I don't know what the answer is, but I would personally leave it alone until out of SOL.
Message 2 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

There is no need to wait on tackling your derogatories.  Capital One will not learn that you are disputing or paying off other delinuencies.  You do not risk stiring them into action by dealing with your other accounts any more than you would by paying your normal bills.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be possible.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I started rebuilding credit just recently I definately drew attention from collections.. 

I'm pretty sure what has been on my report didn't change at all for years, then all of a sudden my credit report starts to change and BAM I had a collection pop out in the middle of nowhere that was illegitimate and another collection that was there dissapeared for a month and came back the next mont in the name of a different company..

So I think I woke something up.. 

Message 5 of 6
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

They periodically check your credit profile. Worst case pay it if it’s medical I doubt they will sue you. Or settle with the original creditor

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.