Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate collections

So on my credit report, I see duplicate accounts: one from the original Care Credit/Synchrony (closed with $0 balance) account and the 2nd with Calvary ($1379) who they sold it to. How do I get both off?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate collections

Syncrony is reporting closed and 0 because it was sold to Cavalry. You cannot have 2 debts reporting same debt (as to why Syncrony no longer shows you even owe them anything and reporting zero). Cavalry is reporting due to them owning the debt now (which is correct). So, it is not a duplicate. It would be a duplicate if Syncrony was reporting same balance as Cavalry.
Now, have you paid Cavalry? When was DOFD? Also, what state are you in? Do you know your states SOL? If it's still in the SOL time frame and you didn't pay yet, you won't get it off unless it's legit NOT your debt. If you DID pay it and it's still within the 7.5 time frame allowable to be on credit report, you can send goodwill letters out to Cavalry asking for deletion. There's many examples of goodwill letters on here.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.