Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate entries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate entries

Hello all. I have an issue on all three reports I had a paypal smart connect account that went into collection. Calvary Portfolio is the Collection agency. Info does not match. So it is hitting me twice due to false reporting.

SYNCB/PAYPALSMARTCONN 
PO BOX 965005
ORLANDO, FL 32896-5005
(866) 300-6432
Date Opened: 10/30/2008
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Revolving Account
Loan Type: CREDIT CARD
Balance: $0
Date Updated: 09/08/2014
Payment Received: $35
Last Payment Made: 03/13/2013
High Balance: $353
Original ChargeOff: $353
Credit Limit: $390
Pay Status: >Charged Off<
Terms: Paid Monthly
Date Closed: 06/21/2013
>Maximum Delinquency of 120 days in 07/2013 and in
09/2013 for $255<
Remarks: PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER; >UNPAID BALANCE CHARGED OFF<

CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SVCS 
500 SUMMIT LAKE DRSTE 4A
VALHALLA, NY 10595
(800) 501-0909
Placed for
collection:
08/27/2014
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Open Account
Loan Type: COLLECTION
AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance: $565
Date Updated: 03/01/2017
Original Amount: $565
Original Creditor: GE CAPITAL (Retail)
Past Due: >$565<
Pay Status: >In Collection<
Date Closed: 03/01/2017
Remarks: ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMR; >PLACED FOR COLLECTION<

Creditor info nor $$ match up. 

Any suggestions? I did file a dispute w Transunion. Experian will not readdress the issue.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Duplicate entries

Assuming the creditor reporting and the debt collector reporting are based on the same debt, was GE the original creditor, and it was sold or transferred to creditor SYNCB/PAYPALSMARTCONN?

Additionally, if the creditor sold the debt to the reporting debt collector, the current balance on the creditor account would properly show $0.

Finally, the debt balance can increase after acquisition by the debt collector provided the continued accrual of interest is permitted, such as by authorization in the contract that created the debt.  See FDCPA 808(1).

It might or might not be accurate.

However, more info would be needed to support a dispute, as the reporting as shown is not clearly inaccurate on its face.

Do you have further info as to the history and progressive amount of the debt along its path?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is going to hit you twice because one is the original account, charged off, 0 balance, the second is a collection agency which purchased the debt.

The collection agency is allowed to collect fees.

Paypal SmartConnect used to be GE Capital, before it was Synchrony Bank/Paypal Credit.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am aware of the connection but according to experian's site it should only be viewed as one entry but if it is reporting as different names/amounts for the lender it will hit twice right? And I have never had an account listed by the orginal and the collection agency at the same time. So I am just trying to figure this out until I can pay it off this spring. But the collection is listed as closed so I don't even know if they still have the account or what is going on. Just making sure things are right.

This is from experians website:

Your credit report is a credit history. That history documents the life of a debt. As a result, it will show both the original lender and any subsequent collection accounts. However, they are not seen as two separate debts. Instead, a collection account is recognized as a continuation of the original debt.

Message 4 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I dont see from the posted info that the collection is closed.

If you do, in fact, have substantiation that the debt collector no longer has collection authority, you can contact the CRA and request deletion under their policy that a debt collector delete a collection if their collection authority is terminated with the debt remaining unpaid.

That opens the door to a new collection possible reporting, and the CRA wants to avoid two collection simultaneously reporting on the same debt.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please excuse me if I'm wrong but it says date closed march 1, 2017 onbthe calvary listing. Thank you for your input.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Please excuse me if I'm wrong but it says date closed march 1, 2017 onbthe calvary listing. Thank you for your input.

You are right that only one collection agency can report an account at a time. You listed the OC and a CA. 

You can contact the CA to find out if they still own the debt, and if not, they can tell you who they sold it to. You might be able to get them to accept payment in lieu of reporting at all.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. My concern is that they are listing the OC as a different name. I just don't know if that makes a difference or not. I don't want this appearing as two separate accounts.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

GE Moneybank is PayPal smart connect.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused, you only list two tradelines, which aren't duplicates... is there another one?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.