Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E Notice from Convergent Outsourcing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

E Notice from Convergent Outsourcing

Received this little gem in my email today.

My wife and I have applied for a mortgage recently.

Is this a scam to set me up for reaging an old account?

Welcome to eNotice - Please review this email carefully.

Authenticate Your Details:

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx Account Number ending: ...XXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXX,

We wanted to get you this letter as quickly as possible and having your email of XXXXXXXX on file we thought you would appreciate receiving it in an email. If you do not want to receive communications from us via email please use the unsubscribe link below.

In an effort to maintain your security, we have encrypted your attached eNotice.

To open your encrypted eNotice: 1. Double click on the secure PDF attachment or click this link 2. When prompted, enter the last 4 digits of your social security number for your password.

* Please note the above attachment link will expire in 90 days of receiving this message.

If you are not the intended recipient, please unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of this communication.

If you have any questions about your secured eNotice or need assistance, please contact us.

Sincerely, Convergent Outsourcing, Inc.

Your eNotice is Secure

For your protection, this eNotice is securely encrypted. To open the PDF attachment to this email, you will be asked to enter the last 4 digits of your social security number as your password.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Get Adobe Reader

You'll need the Adobe Reader to view your secure eNotice. get it now.

You may contact us at:

Convergent Outsourcing, Inc. 800 SW 39th Street PO Box 9004 Renton, WA 98057 Phone: 1-800-444-8485 Email: webemail@convergentusa.com

Please add webemail@convergentusa.com to your address book.

If you wish to Unsubscribe go here

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: E Notice from Convergent Outsourcing

I would not call any number on this email nor open any attachments, could very well be a scam. I would look up their legit phone number and give them a call and see whats up, if at this point it turns out to be valid you will need to settle it before you can close on your home loan. Mortgage pulls typically pull out the bottom feeders.
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

"§ 807.  False or misleading representations

A debt collector may not use any false, deceptive, or misleading representation or means in connection with the collection of any debt. Without limiting the general application of the foregoing, the following conduct is a violation of this section:
…………..…
 (10) The use of any false representation or deceptive means to collect or attempt to collect any debt or to obtain information concerning a consumer.

(11) The failure to disclose in the initial written communication with the consumer and, in addition, if the initial communication with the consumer is oral, in that initial oral communication, that the debt collector is attempting to collect a debt and that any information obtained will be used for that purpose, and the failure to disclose in subsequent communications that the communication is from a debt collector, except that this paragraph shall not apply to a formal pleading made in connection with a legal action."

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's almost certainly a scam. Even if they have all your information, they are just trying to get a small payment because they know you are applying for a mortgage.

Most likely, when you call, they will say you owe $56 or some similar small amount that is ruining your credit. They will say it is from a cable company in a state in which you do not live. When you dispute it, the CRA's will just say "It's been verified" even though it's impossible to order the cable service in your home state.

Just do a search for these bottom feeders and you will see how many people have problems with these scammers.

CONvergent Outsourcing. They put the "CON" in CONvergent!

Please update to let us know what they say.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the replies. I did a search and these bottom feeders have attempted to scam a lot of people.

Since there is nothing in the email stating they are attempting to collect a debt I will just leave it alone for now and see what happens.

I've never received a dunning notice from them either.

If anything develops I will update.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the replies. I did a search and these bottom feeders have attempted to scam a lot of people.

Since there is nothing in the email stating they are attempting to collect a debt I will just leave it alone for now and see what happens.

I've never received a dunning notice from them either.

If anything develops I will update.

Well, they are an actual collection agency; I've dealt with them before. Doing nothing, however, can pose a risk to your mortgage search. As of now (I'm assuming) they haven't put anything on your credit report, but if you ignore them, that may change. Perhaps they've already sent a Dunning letter and you haven't gotten it yet, or it got lost, or they'll just claim that they sent it. If you do nothing, they may decide to put it on your credit report; then you're in for a fight to get it removed in time for underwriting. One thing I've found in my nascent rebuilding process is that it's much easier to work out a deal to stop them from reporting beforehand, than it is to work out a deal to have them remove something after they start reporting.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.