Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EE Equifax

@kjohnson31 This statement you made is completely wrong. " Equifax won't EE prior to 30 days so there's no use in calling them if it's not coming off in 1 month."

As Master Yoda says, "only a Sith deals in absolutes." Smiley Very Happy

In this same post these two members stated,

@SouthEast80
"I had no problem getting an EE from EQ 2 months early." 

(2 months, not 1 month EE with Equifax)

@PDXgigi
"I started requesting EE from everyone 7 months ago. Surprisingly TU complied." 

(7 months, not 6 months they got EE with Transunion)

"Yes I was explicietly told by EX that paid judgements are a PR so they will not remove that."  

(I personally got my $85K unpaid judgment EE off FIVE months early from EX. YMMV strikes again!)

Asking for EE from any credit bureau is always YMMV on steroids. Put the words EE or early exclusion into the search box on this forum or any credit forum and you will read HUNDREDS of people that got negative items EE/deleted off not only earlier than one month with Equifax buy even a couple of years early. That is highly unlikely and very rare, but it does happen.

Some people call the credit bureaus every week even twice a week for months and even YEARS straight and ask for EE and to file disputes. It all depends on how much time, effort, rejection, frustration and anger you want to put into your credit repair rebirth.

The law of the credit land currently as of April 2016 for EE is (again YMMV is in effect always) Transunion will typically EE accounts 6 months from the DOFD, Experian 3 months from DOFD, and Equifax usually only 1 month from the DOFD. Again thousands of people have stated on credit forums they've gotten items deleted off earlier than those basic timeframe guidelines and some it took longer.

Personally, I'm now 6/6 on EE requests on all three bureaus over the last 6 1/2 months.

What I did was I sent EQ copies of my deletion reports on two negatives from both Experian and Transunion. In 13 days the OPEN Midland Funding Collection for almost $16K was deleted and the estimated DOFD on that account was 8/16, so I got it removed SIX MONTHS early. But to my dismay the other zero balance CO with a DOFD of June-2016 they didn't remove. Perfect example of YMMV in action. Smiley Sad

I also got a $85,000 UNPAID JUDGEMENT deleted off FIVE months early on Experian this year as well. They told me no on the phone (rep told me 90 days it could be deleted), but a few days later it came off to my shock and surprise.

I'm currently no more than 8 and 9 days from all three CB letting me know about my last batch of EE/disputes on my last two baddies on TU/EX and last three on EQ. I'll update on here once I find out the verdict. I get 6 month EE on TU regardless of this outcome in 39 days and 3 month EE in 69 days with EX on my last two baddies.

Message 31 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I didn't know a novel was needed for an EE. And it's not completely wrong because from my personal experience and from what I've read on the forums, most people don't have luck with Equifax in getting things removed prior to 30 days. TU and EX most definitely before then because I did it myself. But I've spent a lot of time on the phone recently with EQ specifically and keep getting the same line, no matter who I talk to, CSR, supervisor, American or someone overseas, that they won't do anything before 30 days. Not to say others haven't had luck because there are always exceptions to the rule. But in general most people don't have luck getting things EE'd with Equifax specifically prior to 30 days. But if they wanna call day in and day out to EQ for an EE then by all means, be my guest.
Message 32 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got shot down by transition for 2 60 days due to fall off in August/sept
Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 34 of 38
RonM21
Valued Contributor

These situations no doubt are YMMV when you read these responses, as well as other threads. I guess you have to hope you are on the lucky good side when making EE attempts.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 35 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ymmv?
Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone ever ee inquiries ?
Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't think they matter much after a yr
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.