Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Rejection?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EE Rejection?

I have a CO that's set to expire within 6 months. I opened a dispute with TransUnion and it says there should be a resolution within 1 month. I've filed an online dispute before, and it never entered resolution. The status shifted from "In Progress" to "Manual" whatever that means. I was browsing the forum and saw a lot of people have had success with TU by just calling. 

So I did, and I got ahold of a supervisor and he told me that there's nothing he can do. That I have to wait for the results of the dispute while they await information from the creditor... This doesn't sound anything at all like what a lot of other people are experiencing. What am I missing here?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

Re: EE Rejection?

I think its because you disputed it instead of doing the ee first. From what I have read here, when you do the early exclusion you call and tell them that and dont open a dispute. Hopefully someone will let us know for sure, since I am getting ready to do 2 ee soon.

Message 2 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tnhomestead wrote:

I think its because you disputed it instead of doing the ee first. From what I have read here, when you do the early exclusion you call and tell them that and dont open a dispute. Hopefully someone will let us know for sure, since I am getting ready to do 2 ee soon.

This. Shouldn't have done it online. EE always has to be done on the phone with a supervisor. Now you have to wait for this "dispute" to get resolved, then try again, but this time call to do it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

As stated above, EE needs to occur on the phone. Once dispute is validated and closed, then ask for supervisor. Don't mention dispute, specifically ask for EE.

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For EEs you call in  and ask for a supervisor you do not dispute them online.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood. Even with this information, I've been told by both representatives and supervisors in the last 24 hours that TransUnion does not offer Early Exclusions. Only disputes in order to remove information otherwise it stays on for 7 years. I keep getting the same script from everyone. Is it possible they stopped the EE process?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Understood. Even with this information, I've been told by both representatives and supervisors in the last 24 hours that TransUnion does not offer Early Exclusions. Only disputes in order to remove information otherwise it stays on for 7 years. I keep getting the same script from everyone. Is it possible they stopped the EE process?

No. Many reports of this being done recently, myself included.

If you want it off, you will have to donthe legwork of HUCA until you get someone that understands and can grant your request.

Any conversation regarding EE with a frontline CSR will be absolutely fruitless, so I would not waste any energy on them and directly ask for a Supervisor at the start of the conversation.

There have been many reports of people being told this and they just keep calling. Maybe they are making it more difficult.

EE is a request/favor and not a requirement for them to grant, so it is important to be kind and patient.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 8
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

I called TU this week and asked for a supervisor, and spoke directly to him specifically about Early Exclusion for two of my tradelines that were going to drop off in 6 months.  He said that he would have to file a 'dispute'.  He put me on hold and did his thing, and then came back and told me it was filed...it would take 5-7 days for results, yada yada.  I thanked him, hung up, and 2 hours later, I got a notification that they were no longer on my TU report. 

So I think 'dispute' is just code for EE removal, as long as you tell them that you're asking specifically for that.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.