Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-CCA HELP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EOS-CCA HELP!!!!

Hello... I just received notice via Credit Karma a collection account was placed on my credit from EOS-CCA - I believe the account they are trying to collect is well over 3 years old and from Cingular/AT&T. This is the first collections I have had placed on my credit in over 5 years and now its wrecked my score. How can I get this resolved quickly without ruining my chances of buying a home in 2013? I do not remember receiving any correspondance from EOS-CCA prior to this account being placed on my credit, how is it possible they can do this without even trying to contact the consumer? Thank you for any help that can be provided.

Message 21 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody know how to contact with EOS CCS with PFD? Thanks very much.

Message 22 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent EOS CCA a PFD in 2011 for an AT&T mobility collection.  They never responded, but a couple of weeks later, the accounts dropped off all CRAs.  I assumed that was the end of it because the account is fraudulent, but I received a collection notice via snail mail (originally sent to an address I have not permanently lived in for over 6 years) on October 5.  I sent a debt validation letter two days later, received no response, and the account is again being reported to all three CRAs.

I filed a complaint with the BBB on Monday which, based on the feedback on their site, seems to be effective about 90% of the time.  I recommend trying that over a PFD.

Message 23 of 224
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent EOS CCA a PFD in 2011 for an AT&T mobility collection.  They never responded, but a couple of weeks later, the accounts dropped off all CRAs.  I assumed that was the end of it because the account is fraudulent, but I received a collection notice via snail mail (originally sent to an address I have not permanently lived in for over 6 years) on October 5.  I sent a debt validation letter two days later, received no response, and the account is again being reported to all three CRAs.

I filed a complaint with the BBB on Monday which, based on the feedback on their site, seems to be effective about 90% of the time.  I recommend trying that over a PFD.

The contacts I have been giving out also work about 90 percent of the time, and without PFD or sending them a dime..

I think what it boils down to, is they purchased a huge portfolio of ATT debt, and their documentation is suspect because most people report not having an ATT account (although alot of the debt is Cingular prior to the merger)

BBB complains, emails, whatever it maybe, seems to work because they know that YOU know the rules... they can ignore letters in the mail, or claim they never got them, but the emails and complaints seem to find the rigth people..

Good work on the BBB complaint. If that doesn't work I have some additional contacts.. the email contacts seem to take about 3-10 days to get things done, I got three more PMs today from reporting it was deleted!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 24 of 224

I have also submitted a BBB complaint today. Not sure how long it takes to gain some traction. I will let you guys know when I have an update. Is it possible for you to PM me the details as well. Thanks!

Message 25 of 224
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Yes, thanks to rckstrscott and the contacts he provided I got the delete! WHooo Whooo!

Message 26 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you do? I so want this gone!

Message 27 of 224
blodakse

Hi, I'm kind of new here, so I hope I don't unintentionally violate any mores here, but I too have just been hit with an unexpected collection from EOS-CCA, also from an old AT&T bill. It is one I had successfully removed a year ago from Enhanced Recovery (it's fraudulent), but EOS to date has not responded to my validation request. I'm not interested in asking for a PFD, as they are wanting $2000! Could I please have those contacts that work so well?

Thanks in advance!

Message 28 of 224
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@blodakse wrote:

Hi, I'm kind of new here, so I hope I don't unintentionally violate any mores here, but I too have just been hit with an unexpected collection from EOS-CCA, also from an old AT&T bill. It is one I had successfully removed a year ago from Enhanced Recovery (it's fraudulent), but EOS to date has not responded to my validation request. I'm not interested in asking for a PFD, as they are wanting $2000! Could I please have those contacts that work so well?

Thanks in advance!

Sent to both!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 29 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please sent pdf, thank you in advance.

Message 30 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.