Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-CCA HELP!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EOS-CCA HELP!!!!

"Currently I am in the process of having a house built. All of a sudden a credit was placed on me from EOS CCA for an Att account. This account was from 4 years ago and I paid the final bill but don't have time to dispute it, due to the final credit pull on my new home is going to be at the beginning of December. I'm in desperate need of help to get this removed, I don't care if I have to pay it again as I have too much money tied up in the new house to risk it. Can someone please help me get contact information to get this removed off of my report?" 

I am in the exact same situation.  My house completion date is 12/10.  I know i originally paid but at this point I do not have 60-90 days to go through the dispute process.

Help Please!!!

Message 51 of 224

@Anonymous wrote:

"Currently I am in the process of having a house built. All of a sudden a credit was placed on me from EOS CCA for an Att account. This account was from 4 years ago and I paid the final bill but don't have time to dispute it, due to the final credit pull on my new home is going to be at the beginning of December. I'm in desperate need of help to get this removed, I don't care if I have to pay it again as I have too much money tied up in the new house to risk it. Can someone please help me get contact information to get this removed off of my report?" 

I am in the exact same situation.  My house completion date is 12/10.  I know i originally paid but at this point I do not have 60-90 days to go through the dispute process.

Help Please!!!

I dont know if this is going to help your particular situation. Before I asked Scott for e-mail information, I disputed it with BBB.org online.  Do it here

https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint/

I did it last friday and by Monday (yesterday) I had gotten a reply from EOS/CCA through BBB. So you might want to file a complaint through BBB telling them that you do not know what this account is and you want it deleted. I did not send them a Debt Validation Letter. I just said I sent one, but didnt get a response. Ofcourse I have not checked my report to see if it is gone. Good Luck. Here is what I got from BBB as a reponse.

Dear BBB:
Our client, CenturyLink, placed the above referenced account with our office on 3/14/2012.  The account has since been closed and returned to the client, and as such, our office will not contact XXXX XXXXX any further.  We have notified the credit bureaus to delete the above referenced account from their records.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact my office at 800-886-9177, extension 14368.

Sincerely,
Krista Tracia
Compliance Assistant

Please respond to this message within 10 days.

Thank you.
Better Business Bureau

Message 52 of 224
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@CreditHelpSeekr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Help Please!!!

I dont know if this is going to help your particular situation. Before I asked Scott for e-mail information, I disputed it with BBB.org online.  Do it here

I did it last friday and by Monday (yesterday) I had gotten a reply from EOS/CCA through BBB. So you might want to file a complaint through BBB telling them that you do not know what this account is and you want it deleted. I did not send them a Debt Validation Letter. I just said I sent one, but didnt get a response. Ofcourse I have not checked my report to see if it is gone. Good Luck. Here is what I got from BBB as a reponse.

Dear BBB:
Our client, CenturyLink, placed the above referenced account with our office on 3/14/2012.  The account has since been closed and returned to the client, and as such, our office will not contact XXXX XXXXX any further.  We have notified the credit bureaus to delete the above referenced account from their records.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact my office at 800-886-9177, extension 14368.

Sincerely,
Krista Tracia
Compliance Assistant

Thank you.
Better Business Bureau

BBB is always a good place to go; esp if the company has a decent rating. Good work on that!

I have sent emails to everyone who has asked.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 53 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Could someone please PM me the EOS CCA contact info ? 

thanks! 

Message 54 of 224
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi 

Could someone please PM me the EOS CCA contact info ? 

thanks! 

I sent this to you 3 hours before you sent this response.. Check you PMs, it is there

-scott

Message 55 of 224
DNSense

Just following up to let everyone know the contacts I got from Scott worked very well, and fast! I sent a detailed email of my situation (fake account in my name, telling them I have proof from ATT I owe nothing) to both contacts he gave me on Monday, and by today (Wednesday) I got an email with an attached PDF of an official letter saying they account has been cancelled and that the credit bureaus have been notified to remove the collection notice.

Big thanks to you Scott!!  

TU: 723, EX: 686, EQ: 698 Amex Platinum, Amex Premier Rewards Gold, Barclays Arrival ($3500), Citi Diamond Preferred ($8000), Amex Blue Sky ($1k), Capital One Basic Platinum ($750), Chase Freedom ($6k)
Message 56 of 224
dianna832
Established Member

Anyone know how long it is taking the CRA to delete the collection after recieving the email from the EOS-CCA?

Starting Score: TU 530 EQ 490
Current Score: TU 619 EQ 585
Goal Score: TU 640 EQ 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 57 of 224

@rckstrscott wrote:

@CreditHelpSeekr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Help Please!!!

Dear BBB:

Sincerely,
Krista Tracia
Compliance Assistant

Thank you.
Better Business Bureau

BBB is always a good place to go; esp if the company has a decent rating. Good work on that!

-scott

Thanks Scott for all your help even though I did not get to use the information. Hopefully I do not have to. I have not had a chance to check my credit report.

Message 58 of 224
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recieved a response today:

"After a thorough search of our computer system, we are unable to locate the matter using the name provided in the complaint. Please provide any further information that may be relevant, such as EOS/CCA number or client reference number, so we can get this matter resolved. If you have any questions or concerns, please contct my office at xxx-xxx-xxxx extension xxxxx."

Are they trying to play a jedi-mindtrick on me? What does this mean? Should I call or leave it alone and wait to see what happens?

Message 59 of 224
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@CreditHelpSeekr wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

@CreditHelpSeekr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Help Please!!!

Dear BBB:

Sincerely,
Krista Tracia
Compliance Assistant

Thank you.
Better Business Bureau

-scott

Thanks Scott for all your help even though I did not get to use the information. Hopefully I do not have to. I have not had a chance to check my credit report.

I have all the confidence it will come off, if they said they are removing, they will remove. I haven't had one person come back and say the removal didn't happen.

I would think that your BBB complaint letter is definite proof it will come off. It takes a couple weeks average though.

And no worries, Sorry I didn't get it to you fast enough but being proactive is one of the best things you can do for credit repair, and you got it taken care of, that's all that matters. Plus, it gives those who have an EOS-CCA account another tactic that has shown success.

-scott

Message 60 of 224
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.