Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS-CCA vs AFNI Need Help!

tag
Geochk
Valued Member

EOS-CCA vs AFNI Need Help!

OK, so I have a medical bill that was being collected by EOS-CCA, and they have reported on my credit report. I just got a dunning letter from AFNI for the same debt. Does that mean EOS-CCA is no longer the owner of the debt? Do they have to delete from my CR if AFNI is CA now? AFNI is not reporting yet so I'm wondering if I have a window to pay it, have EOS delete because they aren't CA, and get rid of the baddie. But I need to hurry before AFNI reports! Help, anyone???

Starting Score: 519
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: EOS-CCA vs AFNI Need Help!

@Geochk wrote:

OK, so I have a medical bill that was being collected by EOS-CCA, and they have reported on my credit report. I just got a dunning letter from AFNI for the same debt. Does that mean EOS-CCA is no longer the owner of the debt? Do they have to delete from my CR if AFNI is CA now? AFNI is not reporting yet so I'm wondering if I have a window to pay it, have EOS delete because they aren't CA, and get rid of the baddie. But I need to hurry before AFNI reports! Help, anyone???

send a DV to EOS-CCA or send them an email.. I will email you contacts

be advised, nothing says EOS-CCA cannot report a debt if they once had collection ability.. just because they dont own it now doesnt mean it cant report, it just has to show a 0 balance..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
flinjami83
New Contributor

Re: EOS-CCA vs AFNI Need Help!

Do you have the contact email for EOS CCA you wouldn't mind sharing with me?
Thanks!

Starting Score: 595 (2/22/13)
Current Score: FICO 624 (4/22/2014)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.