Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS CCA

tag
fedxboy
Established Contributor

EOS CCA

So, this morning I check out my Credit Karma  and I see that my score dropped 28 points in one day because of a collection.  (I realize it's not a FICO, but still)

Credit Karma doesn't say who, but just says you're debt has gone up by $176.00.  Then it also states that all my accounts are current, which leaves me bewildered!!!

CK uses the info from Trans Union, so I go to look at my report for $11 bucks (sigh).

I'm in shock, since I see a new collection from EOS CCA = original creditor Ebay, Inc and then I notice my current address is also changed -- to an address I've never lived at -- I guess based on this new collection.

I've never had an account on Ebay EVER!!  I just don't get how a CA can just throw something on your reports and drop your score by almost 30 points and if I wasn't so adament about checking Credit Karma, then I would of never of known.  I've already disputed this new collection and that new address, but geesh -- what if my current creditors get wind of this -- couldn't they up my rates or close me down?

Just don't get how a CA can throw something on your reports without any notification -- phone call, letter, anything.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: EOS CCA -- Credit Karma

@fedxboy wrote:

So, this morning I check out my Credit Karma  and I see that my score dropped 28 points in one day because of a collection.  (I realize it's not a FICO, but still)

Credit Karma doesn't say who, but just says you're debt has gone up by $176.00.  Then it also states that all my accounts are current, which leaves me bewildered!!!

CK uses the info from Trans Union, so I go to look at my report for $11 bucks (sigh).

I'm in shock, since I see a new collection from EOS CCA = original creditor Ebay, Inc and then I notice my current address is also changed -- to an address I've never lived at -- I guess based on this new collection.

I've never had an account on Ebay EVER!!  I just don't get how a CA can just throw something on your reports and drop your score by almost 30 points and if I wasn't so adament about checking Credit Karma, then I would of never of known.  I've already disputed this new collection and that new address, but geesh -- what if my current creditors get wind of this -- couldn't they up my rates or close me down?

Just don't get how a CA can throw something on your reports without any notification -- phone call, letter, anything.

First question has to be... is this debt legit honestly? Did you ever owe ebay?

EOS-CCA is known to do exactly what just happened to you --- a good thing, though, is we have a really solid email contact within the company. Lots of success getting these bogus accounts removed..

I will PM you the contact..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 13
fedxboy
Established Contributor

First question has to be... is this debt legit honestly? Did you ever owe ebay?

I don't have an account with Ebay, nor do I even know how to navigate their site.   

To me, this is FRAUD!  My current home address was changed on my credit report and this is the only "recent" negative thing on my credit report.

There's a phone # for them listed of 800-886-9177, so I'll just call them again.    The first time i called, they could sense my anger and hung up on me.........<G>

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 3 of 13
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Okay, I called that number 8008869177 and spoke to a lady named Bresha.  She told me the birthday of the person who opened the account 4/27/81 and verified the address of the person who opened the account and their email address -- and it was the same address that my credit report was changed to just yesterday.

Whew, I knew I didn't have any debts with Ebay, nor an account with them.  She checked with her manager and said she would request them to remove it from my report immediately and apologized.  

Although, she did advise me to call my local police dept to report an identify theft.   She didn't have a social security number for this person, so I just don't get how they can throw something like this on a credit report with just a person's name.   

Go figure and today is Friday the 13th.

Message 4 of 13
fedxboy
Established Contributor

This collection is still on my credit report -- hampering my score!   I realize, this collection appeared on Fri the 13th -- just a couple of days ago, and they said they would remove it, but but but......I'm wondering how long is it going to take??     

Somebody opened an Ebay account with my name and I think address (identity theft), it just kills me to have  any negative info, since I've worked so diligently in getting my scores up.   I should be able to sue this collection agency!!  Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 13
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

This collection is still on my credit report -- hampering my score!   I realize, this collection appeared on Fri the 13th -- just a couple of days ago, and they said they would remove it, but but but......I'm wondering how long is it going to take??     

Somebody opened an Ebay account with my name and I think address (identity theft), it just kills me to have  any negative info, since I've worked so diligently in getting my scores up.   I should be able to sue this collection agency!!  Smiley Mad

Today is Monday, it hasn't even been ONE business day since they agreed to remove. You need to exhibit at least a small form a patience. My EOS-CCA deletion took just about a week, but it depends on how fast they update, Unless you have an urgent need, like you are closing on a mortgage in 1 day, just let it happen. 

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 13
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Waiting for this erroneous collection to fall from my reports is like watching grass grow.   Smiley Mad

It's still there, hampering my credit!!

Message 7 of 13
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

I remember I e-mailed the contact she removed my collection and sent it back to AT&T and AT&T just sold it to anyother collection agency. But I filed bk for other things and I never heard of it again..

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 8 of 13
pengy_wi
New Contributor

I had this happen with a different agency. This one in particular only reported to the bureaus once a month so it didn't fall off my report until the following month, you need to just wait.

Message 9 of 13
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Was finally CONTENT Smiley Very Happy  that this open collection was removed on April 26th  approx 2 weeks after it was put on.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.