Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ EE (I know, I know)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ EE (I know, I know)

Ok so, I know EQ EE is just a 5 gallon drum of dung waiting to be spilled, but does anyone have any success stories whatsoever? Any long shot tips or tricks?

I understand that there's a 99% chance they'll just end up starting a dispute when an EE is requested, but I'm just looking for a way to lower that to 98%.

To be honest, I'm more of the mind of "who cares". If I have TLs aging off in 11/20, and I call them in 10/20, then even if they jack it up and dispute it the TL will still age off on time.

Thoughts, if no tips/tricks?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ EE (I know, I know)

You know the saying "don't poke a sleeping bear" 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 8
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so, I know EQ EE is just a 5 gallon drum of dung waiting to be spilled, but does anyone have any success stories whatsoever? Any long shot tips or tricks?

I understand that there's a 99% chance they'll just end up starting a dispute when an EE is requested, but I'm just looking for a way to lower that to 98%.

To be honest, I'm more of the mind of "who cares". If I have TLs aging off in 11/20, and I call them in 10/20, then even if they jack it up and dispute it the TL will still age off on time.

I think most people would tell you don't mess with it. When I tried it, nothing happened at all. It either didn't work, or I didn't do something correctly. My opinion would be relevant to what the negitive item was. Is it a late payment, CO, CA? If it's a CO then I think it's not as big of a deal if it gets disputed and nothing ends up happening until it was supposed to fall off organically. If it's a late, you could be shooting yourself in the foot. Say you request EE on a late payment, then EQ disputes and somehow the entire TL gets deleted from your report? You would be missing out on a potential TL with soon to be perfect payment history that may still remain on your reports for a long time. It's untimately your call, however. Some of the more seasoned rebuilders may have better advice on the matter, but that's just my two pennies. Either way, good luck on getting those reports cleaned up! I still have 5 years, 1 month before I cross the bridge of asking myself if I want to try EE with EQ! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, I should have been specific, sorry.

2 CO CCs with DoFD 11/13. Outside SOL. That's why my thought was, who cares. They'd fall off either way, just trying to gain a month.

Message 4 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If you're willing to mess it up over 30 days, go for it. 

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

EQ can screw up boiling water. Let it ride out and die a natural death.

Message 6 of 8
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just went through this trying to get my last four IIB charge-offs deleted on EE.   I called two months prior (June) and was told that the best they could do would be one month prior and to call back then.   My drop-off dates were all 08/2020.    I was going to call back in July and then oddly when I pulled my reports on July 1st, all four of the IIB charge-offs were gone.  

So EQ, on their own, deleted all the C/Os one month early.   There were no active disputes or requests for EE.    

Message 7 of 8
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Firemedic said a mouth full right there. EQ is the WORST for trying to get EE!!!! 

They will tell you in order to remove it early they have to do a dispute DON'T DO IT! 

Everytime you call about an item on your reports they place notes on that account, I know this becuase I tried the call back method and one rep said "WOW there are a lot of notes on this account how many times did you call us"? 

My advice, leave it alone, the last thing you want is accounts being update that have been quiet for a while. The old saying "no new is good news" well that's EQ, If it hasn't updated in a while your better off. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.