cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Fico score jumped 60 points in 10 Days!!!

tag
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

EQ Fico score jumped 60 points in 10 Days!!!

This is incredible.  To me it seems almost unreal and I have no explenation on how and why it has jumped so much in such a short period of time.  I have only taken care of two accounts in the past month and those still haven't posted to my report.  So I don't know how this has happend.

Maybe its because my accounts are aging I don't know, but this is an incredible increase in such a short period of time.

I still have tons of collections and charge-offs, with no deletions or anything.  Wow.  I'm not going to complain but would really like to know why it has jumped so much.

v/r
James
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ Fico score jumped 60 points in 10 Days!!!

Pull your reports and keep us posted!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say "taken care of two accounts", what do you mean?
Message 3 of 7
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
When you say "taken care of two accounts", what do you mean?

Paid and settled a CA account.
Paid off my car loan.

v/r
James
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your first account was in dispute, it gets removed from the scoring while it is being disputed, and if this is your only "baddie" on your report then you might get rebucketed and have your score jump quite a bit because it looks like you have a clean report.

I doubt your auto loan was the factor, though you may expect a slight increase in score just before you pay it off (but not after if it was your only installment loan)
Message 5 of 7
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If your first account was in dispute, it gets removed from the scoring while it is being disputed, and if this is your only "baddie" on your report then you might get rebucketed and have your score jump quite a bit because it looks like you have a clean report.

I doubt your auto loan was the factor, though you may expect a slight increase in score just before you pay it off (but not after if it was your only installment loan)

My credit is really messed up. That CA I paid off is just one of about 8 remaining charge-off/collection accounts.

Like I said I don't know what caused this jump. Only thing I could see is a secured credit card I recently got is now reporting. That is a pretty big jump in 10 days just off a secured credit card.

v/r
James
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have any revolving accounts with an open status before this secured card? If not that may explain your jump. Revolving accounts are the biggest part of your credit score and thus you lose insane amounts of credit mix points without any on your reports.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.