cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ Score DOWN 20pts due to EX and TU dispute with BoA! Report Date Changed!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ Score DOWN 20pts due to EX and TU dispute with BoA! Report Date Changed!!

Hi, thanks to the wonderful advice from this forum, I have been able to take my 3 scores from the mid 600s to closing in on 700 in a month by having inaccurate information removed from my 3 reports as well as understanding why my score was low and taking steps to correct these misunderstandings, such as opening 2 new CC.

I now have a (comparatively) huge problem with EQUIFAX. EQ formerly WAS my highest score. I noticed a couple of late payments not reported on EQ but were reported on TU and EX for 2 BOA accounts (closed in 2006 – one settled and one charged off). I disputed these late payments with TU and EX only; I did NOT dispute this with equifax. (Note, these were NOT part of the run up to DOFD).

• EX verified the accounts, leaving them unchanged, but placing a note saying they were verified 9/2008, leaving the last reported date unchanged.

• TU is currently investigating (I assume so because all lates have been removed with no change in score).

• Now, my problem comes with EQ. I check truecredit daily, pulled my fico scores from myfico, and pulled my backdoor reports with all 3 bureaus to verify this information. EQ changed the date reported field from 5/06 for both of these accounts to 9/08, and my score dropped 20 points. NO other changes were made on the EQ report other than the date reported field and payment history from:

81-Month Payment History
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2006 90 120 150 180 * *
2005 * * * 30 30 60 * * * * 30 60
2004 * * * * * * * * * * * *
2003 * * *

To:
81-Month Payment History
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2008 * * * * * * * *
2007 * * * * * * * * * * * *
2006 90 120 150 180 * * * * * * * *
2005 * * * 30 30 60 * * * * 30 60
2004 * * * * * * * * * * * *
2003 * * *

These accounts were closed when charged off or settled in 2006. Now, my question is, is there ANYTHING I can do to have this fixed on EQ. I never disputed with them in the first place, and I took a 20 point hit because 1. BOA obviously reported to all 3 when verifying information and 2. EQ Fico scores ARE DEFINITELY affected by the Date Reported date. Am I just stuck with the 20 point drop? Or, can this be fixed. If so, how do I go about disputing it? I live in a state serviced by CSC and not EQ directly.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ Score DOWN 20pts due to EX and TU dispute with BoA! Report Date Changed!!

When you dispute with 1 CRA- they notify the OC and it is VERY common (it has always happened to be) the OC will send updates and corrections-

Be sure you know the best and worst outcomes prior to disputing anything.

It's almost always best to try and get things fixed with the OC. As you have a right to dispute with them as well.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ Score DOWN 20pts due to EX and TU dispute with BoA! Report Date Changed!!

@Anonymous wrote:
When you dispute with 1 CRA- they notify the OC and it is VERY common (it has always happened to be) the OC will send updates and corrections-

Be sure you know the best and worst outcomes prior to disputing anything.

It's almost always best to try and get things fixed with the OC. As you have a right to dispute with them as well.  

Is there anything that can be done with EQ regarding the date and score change, or am I just out of luck?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the CC was CO, why did you dispute misc. lates?

FICO scoring will only ding you for the worst derog, in this case the CO. By having the account update, you noticed that FICO sees it as being recent.

I have had the same happen. In one case I GAINED points, but the account is also 10 y/o, and I'm in the process of getting the CC reinstated. If you have PIF, it's possible to get BOA to reinstate and then you are in a much better position to GW the old lates.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.