Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ reporting and score discrepancies

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

EQ reporting and score discrepancies

Okay this is a ridiculous amount of information. There are discrepancies, reporting concerns, and confusion. I’m just not sure what to make of it.

EX and TU are clean. Scores are 750+. AAoA ~3 years. Util 7%.

EQ score is 715. AAoA ~4 years and also 7% util. EQ claims that they have no derogatory tradelines showing on my report. What is on EQ that is not on EX and TU?

EQ has two accounts that make me wonder and I’d like to know what to do with this.

Account 1; Emess Management, rental agreement. The account was in collections and this was resolved. The payment history on the account does not exist and as a Derogatory Account it would have aged off. They show it as a positive tradeline but have left the following verbiage in the comments “paid collection” and payment status is “collection/charge off”. Open date 4/2012 and again zero payment history. Can they keep this, claim it’s a positive tradeline, refuse to remove it, and keep derogatory comments?

Account 2; PNC Bank Mortgage. This was a short sale. They (EQ), again, claim that there is no derogatory information. Payment history appears to be clean but there were two 30 day lates. One was required to “qualify for the short sale” per PNC. The other was because it wasn’t paid the last month (apparently). EQ says that it’s a positive tradeline with no derogatory information but the following verbiage remains “account paid for less than full balance” which it was, but can they claim it’s a positive tradeline and refuse to remove it while keeping derogatory comments?

I can’t find a single 30 or 60 day late on my EQ report yet the score is definitely dirty and every monitoring service, and lender that provides EQ scores, cites “serious delinquency” for EQ. MF cites a 30 and 60 day late from an “unknown source”.

What is going on???!!! What can I do???!!! How do I fix this???!!! I’m at such a loss. Please help. This is the last bit of a toxic and disgusting part of my life and I’d like to get rid of it so the past can be the past.

What could possibly be depressing my EQ scores and how do I fix it? What can be done about the accounts above?

Thank you for reading and I look forward to any advice or insight.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ reporting and score discrepancies

I don't know how to fix it, might ask that over in Rebuilding Your Credit; however, tradeline notations such as "settled for less than full amount" or anything analogous can definitely impact your score for FICO 8/9.

Not sure about the older scoring models, but we've seen a few reports of similar remarks on the tradeline impacting scores.  

Hopefully someone else has a better idea at addressing them.

        
Message 2 of 6
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Revelate, if you fee that’s a better place can you move it?

So what do I do? Call and insist that the notations be removed? I’ve tried and they aren’t accommodating, HUCA?

I don’t understand how a company with such a history of incompetence and issues is allowed to handle something this important.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I can't (anymore) but I requested it to be moved.

I feel your pain, I have a CFA on my account but it's a positive tradeline.  Had it for 8 years now, stuck with it for another two years or so.

        
Message 4 of 6
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thank you. I posed a similar question and got no real answer. I’m just trying to figure this mess out.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 5 of 6
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: UPDATE* EQ reporting and score discrepancies

Apparently HUCA May be the ticket with EQ. While I don’t think the accounts in question were removed entirely I spoke with a CSR today and explained that several comments or remarks listed on these accounts were an issue.

I’m not quite sure if this is true but I explained that as a derogatory account they would have aged off, but they claim they are not derogatory. I said that while I’d prefer the accounts be removed, if they must stay and are considered positive accounts that the negative comments and remarks MUST be removed per the FCRA. It makes sense so it could be true or it’s a law so perhaps it makes zero sense. Either way he said that he went through each account and removed the comments and statuses. He also assured me that there were no derogatory accounts/comments/remarks or late payments on ANY of my accounts.

Time will tell but hopefully this fixed the scoring issue.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.