Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQUIFAX SCORE GOES UP SO SLOW WHY?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQUIFAX SCORE GOES UP SO SLOW WHY?

Hey,

I'm new to to the forum and I think its great so far. Ok I'm in my early 30's and started off with poor credit report and decided to do something about it. Got a new job and paid off derogs on my credit report. Paid off 5 derogs in two months and scores went from very low 500's to low 600-640. I opened a cap on secured and I'am so happy. The question is why does it take equifax so long to go up trans and experian have gonne all the way up. Does equifax update every 30 days or what thanks in advance

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: EQUIFAX SCORE GOES UP SO SLOW WHY?

I have the same thing. Scores in 650's but EQ down in muck at 625. One thing, they are slower than EX in updating and I think they weigh lates more heavily. That's really only thing I have on my CR's and my score for EQ is the lowest.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 16
mschang
Regular Contributor

never knew this was happening to anyone else; i swear EQ has a kungfu grip my account statuses.

all i've read until now is how slow TU is to update but more times than not they are the first to remove/correct for me. wouldn't know about actual scores since i don't check mine beyond refreshing CK every day... i do plan to pay for FICOs once the dispute period is over though

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 3 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

Just to maked sure, you are taking about FICO scores?  Where did you get your scores from?

If you still have a major derog on your CR, it may take some time for your score to see significant improvment vs. lower util which can show improvment the moment they are reported.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 16
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

My scores are from here. Have both SW and quarterly monitor. EX is from USAA. (FAKO but around where mt TU is and I had AMEX pull in March and that was also consistent with my TU score at the time)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my scores directly from Equifax and Experian are these scores accurate

Message 6 of 16
mschang
Regular Contributor

mine are from lender pulls but, as i've been reading in the forums, the scores provided from the EQ and TU sites are FAKOS and myFICO is the only place (other than lenders, of course) to get real FICOs

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow I had no idea fakos were false scores I just learned something new today

Message 8 of 16
mschang
Regular Contributor

some say they're close to their actual FICO scores and some say they're way off, so i think that's why no one wants to get their hopes up or get discouraged by FAKOs

Message 9 of 16
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

My FAKO from my Equifax "monitoring" on their website is almost 75 points lower than my EQ that I pulled here. I check my FAKO on EQ just about daily (no real reason other than habit) but when I really want to know my score I buy my EQ and TU from here, have no idea how to get EX so I just try to "guess" what it is by looking at what my FICO EQ and TU are. And for some reason my EQ is like always 15-20 pts lower than my TU. They do weigh lates and derogs more heavily. They also weigh your AAoA a little more heavily IMHO (just based on my individual experience). I always keep fingers crossed whenever I app for something that whoever pulls my credit pulls TU....my score with them makes me happy Smiley Happy lol
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.